Ownhammer MES-Trad 4x12 V30 clippage! Best cab ever? Quantum crunchies!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Woohoooo the new forum is up!
I missed you guys :)

Since the forum went down Ownhammer has released some great new IR's!
This time Kevin has FINALLY released IR's of the famous Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12 cab!
Not only is this probably the best IR pack I ever tried but it also features 2 different types of V30's and even blend options.
Also, the pricing is just rediculous so it's a must have!

I know I often make rock or metal demo's but this pack is very versatile.
So let's start with the clips:

The first one I made is a Prog-metal type demo inspired by bands such as Dream Theater with a little Vai and Djent sprinkeled on top.
John Petrucci is famous for using these cabs so it was a good match!
I used my new Ibanez TAM10 8-string with the AXE FX II loaded with quantum.
This cab works so well with the Mesa MKIV sim.
This clip features the V70 speaker only, this one is the darker of the 2.

The next clip has a more tight tone ala Rammstein and Metallica.
I think the musical influences are obvious here hahahaha.
For this clip I used my LTD KH-602 (with EMG's) and the Das Metal amp which delivers the crunchies quite well!
This clip uses the V60 that sounds a bit brighter and even more suited for metal.

That's it for now but there will be another new clip soon that features something new too ;)

Some guys on facebook requested the presets for these clips so I'm also attaching 2 presets here.
The 'DAS Metal KH602 Rhythm Trad' preset is for the rhythm tone of the 2nd clip.
That preset uses this IR: V60 OH2-04
The 'TAM10 OH Trad MKIV Rhythm' preset is the rhythm tone for the first proggy clip and that one uses the V70 OH1F-02 IR.
I also attached the lead tone but I forgot the IR that I used there.... sorry! :)

I hope you guys enjoy these clips!

Attachments

• DAS Metal KH602 Rhythm Trad.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 117
  • TAM10 OH Trad MKIV leads.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 93
  • TAM10 OH Trad MKIV Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 98
The thing I love about these clips is that the rhythms don't have any honking sound in them. I hear that sort of thing everywhere nowadays and makes me want to shoot myself. I definitely need to study these patches.

The thing I love about these clips is that the rhythms don't have any honking sound in them. I hear that sort of thing everywhere nowadays and makes me want to shoot myself. I definitely need to study these patches.

Thanks man!
With 'honky' do you mean that popular Djent sound?
For most of my stuff I also prefer honk-less sounds I guess.
If you just mean how guitars are eq'd in a mix cutting some 800hz could help remove some honk.
The guitars in these demo's didn't have a lot of eq though, almost none so these IR's do a lot of good stuff for a mix!

I also recommend people to check these IR's out. This Traditional Mesa 4x12 cab (with the 70w V30 speakers) is one of the best cabinets out there. It's not only the "Petrucci cabinet" but also the cabinet I would choose to use if I had an analog tube rig. That's coming from a guy who has extreme studio experience with just about all cabinets imaginable. I haven't tried these IR's out but I'm sure they're some of OwnHammer's best IR's. I remember years ago when I wasn't even an IR producer I was talking to Kevin about this cab and how he has to do it some day. The day is finally here. Try it out guys, there's no way it's not worth the investment.

Great job doing these clips Jon you never cease to amaze with your style of building up energy in an alternative rock metal sort of way. Keep up the good work dude! Whenever I see you've posted a new clip I know there'll be some headbanging riffs coming my way. :D

I bought this IR pack and then after buying it and extracting the files, I realized that the IR's are in wav format, not in sysx format like I need. There's a note that says they have a utility named aomdsp to convert them to sysx but the utility seems to be missing from their site. I bought this because it was cheaper than a Fractal cab pack and I though it would be a good way to get into IR's but now I think I'm screwed. Is Cab Lab the only other choice to convert these? So now I have to pay another $50 just to convert? Any assistance would be appreciated

I bought this IR pack and then after buying it and extracting the files, I realized that the IR's are in wav format, not in sysx format like I need. There's a note that says they have a utility named aomdsp to convert them to sysx but the utility seems to be missing from their site. I bought this because it was cheaper than a Fractal cab pack and I though it would be a good way to get into IR's but now I think I'm screwed. Is Cab Lab the only other choice to convert these? So now I have to pay another $50 just to convert? Any assistance would be appreciated

Ouch you've missed the red big bold message at the bottom of the page:
"KNOW YOUR PLATFORM'S FILE FORMAT!
THIS LIBRARY CONTAINS .WAV FORMAT FILES ONLY.
"

Yeah, the only way to convert these to FAS format is using Cab-Lab.

Sorry man...
Cab-Lab worth every penny, BTW.

Ouch you've missed the red big bold message at the bottom of the page:
"KNOW YOUR PLATFORM'S FILE FORMAT!
THIS LIBRARY CONTAINS .WAV FORMAT FILES ONLY.
"

Yeah, the only way to convert these to FAS format is using Cab-Lab.

Sorry man...
Cab-Lab worth every penny, BTW.

+1

Back
Top Bottom