OwnHammer Low Gain Essentials

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hi All,

Just dropping by to mention the first entry in the Low Gain Essentials is now online (Diezel cab with Lynchbacks):

Low Gain Essentials : OwnHammer.com - Store

Is the first entry ideal for everything country, blues, jazz, etc? Probably not, but I'll be darned if you can't get a crazy great Andy Timmons clean/breakup tone out of it. :)

Lots more to come, just getting it started! Moving forward when I put out a new Essentials cab/speaker, I'll be doing it in all three flavors (High, Mid, and Low Gain sampling methodologies). I also have to go back and do the Mid and Low gain versions for the first 9 HGE entries as well. "A Low Gain version of an Engl cab with V30's, really?!?!", some may exclaim - well, as they say in the movies it's better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. This first release should be a perfect example of such.

Smaller cabs with traditional speaker types won't be too far off.

Enjoy!

Can't wait to hear the 1x12 alnico silver with the new methodology! Thanks for your hard work, Kevin!

I'll be looking forward to trying these out. Just curious, what polar pattern was used on the 414?

very good as always !
really liking the low/mid/high idea behind this as the same cab/speaker is usually mic'ed differently in the studio depending on the desired sound. always been done like that and the "one IR does it all" approach very rarely works with the variety of amp tones available... really looking forward to more of this !

Agree with the EVM12L request. I've just sold a boogie 1x12 cab with an EVM12L in, and want an IR to replace that sound please.

Thanks for adding the Room capture to the LGE library! I've purchased all of your libraries and they have become my standard go-to IRs for use with my XL and CLR/KW122. I've been an AxeFX user since the Ultra days and just had my first gig with 15b through these IRs to rave reviews last night. For live use, I've had tremendous success getting my personal ideal "amp-in-the-room" eq by mixing in the Room mic with the Live and Median mixes (although I know you already have some room mixed in already - a little extra makes all the difference for me). Any chance of getting Room mics with HGE or MGE? Not a big deal, because I'm able to use the Studio Mix libraries' room mic (for V30) with great results, but the OCD part of me greatly appreciates when you add the Room mic from the identical speaker!

Thanks again from a dedicated customer!!

Thanks for adding the Room capture to the LGE library! I've purchased all of your libraries and they have become my standard go-to IRs for use with my XL and CLR/KW122. I've been an AxeFX user since the Ultra days and just had my first gig with 15b through these IRs to rave reviews last night. For live use, I've had tremendous success getting my personal ideal "amp-in-the-room" eq by mixing in the Room mic with the Live and Median mixes (although I know you already have some room mixed in already - a little extra makes all the difference for me). Any chance of getting Room mics with HGE or MGE? Not a big deal, because I'm able to use the Studio Mix libraries' room mic (for V30) with great results, but the OCD part of me greatly appreciates when you add the Room mic from the identical speaker!

Would you share the receipe?

thanks

Roland

I have already downloaded the mid gain pack. What is the difference between this pack and the mid gain? Is it just the mic's?

Glad to hear those who have jumped in are enjoying them! :) To address some comments/questions, in no particular order:

- Smaller cabs with alnico's, EV's, etc will definitely be coming out.
- Mic configuration, placement information, mix levels, etc, won't be disclosed for competitive purposes.
- The difference is not only the mics used, but the usage of mics that were in the other voicing packs as well the levels of the mics in the 'Mixes' folder. Not only do these changes affect the overall frequency response, but also the way they 'feel' to play (even though the IR's themselves represent no non-linearities). These changes are intended to reflect idealized mic configurations for the different guitar, pickup, amp, playing styles, and mix elements that would change depending on how much distortion would be using. For example, somebody finger picking a single coil loaded strat through a Matchless wouldn't want to have their cabinet mic'd the same way somebody playing an EMG 81 loaded death machine through an Engl would for all the various reasons listed above.

I'm out of town next week, but amidst other library updates I'll be shooting for at least one more entry here by the end of this week. ;)

Excellent to hear these held up to much satisfaction in that medium! :)

I'll be doing the Room files for the LGE as it is an integral part of the "Mixes" files, and will definitely be doing an MGE and LGE for all the HGE libraries that came out. These Room captures will sound quite different (in my opinion, much improved) from the ones in the 412 MIX libraries! Very happy to know that these captures are getting some use as well, they can certainly be a pain in the butt to set up! :lol

Thought I'd give everybody a quick update:

In putting the finishing touches on the LGE version of the 212-GTR BOG-SH ALN-BLU, I discovered another mix recipe that was too good to not include in the packages as a default option. For those of you who have picked up this Diezel cab, grab the files from the server again, more mix files have been added. What was added was 9 files for each power amp option in the ..\Mixes\.. directory for "alternate" Studio mixes voicings. This is laid out in the file naming structure like this:

..Studio-LG-A1.. -through- ..Studio-LG-A9..

Or if you're using the .syx or UR conversion ready .wav's:

..ST LGA1.. -through- ..ST LGA9..

So essentially the Mixes files have 00 through 10, then A1 through A9 right after them in alpha-numeric order.

This was born of a desire to make things a little more lively without being brighter in a harsh fashion per say, and making things sound more 'cabinet-y' on top of that, for lack of a better way to put it into words. My personally ideal mix was #5, so I'd recommend starting there, and it goes brighter and darker whichever way you move from that.

Before anybody asks, the 212-GTR BOG-SH ALN-BLU (High/Mid/Low Gain) libraries will drop the end of this week before I go out of town (the LGE is actually already done and sitting on the server, save for the pics and website stuff), as hopefully will another speaker update to the 112 and 212 MIX cabs. :)

Thought I'd give everybody a quick update:

In putting the finishing touches on the LGE version of the 212-GTR BOG-SH ALN-BLU, I discovered another mix recipe that was too good to not include in the packages as a default option. For those of you who have picked up this Diezel cab, grab the files from the server again, more mix files have been added. What was added was 9 files for each power amp option in the ..\Mixes\.. directory for "alternate" Studio mixes voicings. This is laid out in the file naming structure like this:

..Studio-LG-A1.. -through- ..Studio-LG-A9..

Or if you're using the .syx or UR conversion ready .wav's:

..ST LGA1.. -through- ..ST LGA9..

So essentially the Mixes files have 00 through 10, then A1 through A9 right after them in alpha-numeric order.

This was born of a desire to make things a little more lively without being brighter in a harsh fashion per say, and making things sound more 'cabinet-y' on top of that, for lack of a better way to put it into words. My personally ideal mix was #5, so I'd recommend starting there, and it goes brighter and darker whichever way you move from that.

Before anybody asks, the 212-GTR BOG-SH ALN-BLU (High/Mid/Low Gain) libraries will drop the end of this week before I go out of town (the LGE is actually already done and sitting on the server, save for the pics and website stuff), as hopefully will another speaker update to the 112 and 212 MIX cabs. :)

Are the new mixes for the LGE only? or MGE and HGE as well?

will definitely be interested in the bogner/blue. your 1x12 Alnico silver has been my go to clean/breakup ir since it came out. going to be hard to top it, but i'm hoping you pull it off! lol

Just for the LGE, very specific to the mics and placement of the mics from that library.

Topping my go to 'mix' file from the 212 BOG-SH ALN-SLV in the inherent voicing that it represented was actually the inspiration for this new mix recipe subsection. :) I don't think think that either the 00-10 or A1-A9 methodology is superior to the other, just different. 00-10 is smoother and rounder, A1-A9 is more lively; both have their place for this or that, me thinks.

Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom