OwnHammer JYC - Mean to Clean - FAS Quantum Amps

The dirty guitars sound rich and lifelike, and I was particularly impressed with the clean guitar sounds. These cab IRs delivered a pristine level of clarity on the cleans.

Here's a fresh clip from the OH crew for the Justin York Collection - "Mean to Clean". Using the MES 412 cab from that library for all guitar tones on display, mean and clean alike. All guitar and bass using FAS Quantum amps and OwnHammer IR's.

Enjoy! :)

Im not sure Ive ever heard a bad clip from Justin, unfortunately and ironically for me that doesnt help sell me on MORE IR's, unless he comes with!

Im not sure Ive ever heard a bad clip from Justin, unfortunately and ironically for me that doesnt help sell me on MORE IR's, unless he comes with!

Hahaha!!! You're way too kind. I realized that I haven't updated any clips since we released this library, so I thought it would be fun to showcase the 4x12. I'm still going to do one for the 2x12 and Vox, but I just felt inspired last night and had a little fun. They're still my main go-to IRs. For this clip, both dirty and clean were done with the 412 BR 573+121 (in case you were curious). You put a lot of pressure on me. Hopefully I won't let you down with the other clips. :)

The dirty guitars sound rich and lifelike, and I was particularly impressed with the clean guitar sounds. These cab IRs delivered a pristine level of clarity on the cleans.

Thanks for noticing the clean stuff. That section felt special to me and I really dig that kind of clarity as well and was honestly surprised at how well the Mesa 4x12 played with the Deluxe Verb Nrm model.

Some of us do :D

Here ya go! Just for a frame of reference, I tracked the dirty guitars with a Hagstrom Pat Smear tuned down to B with a really hot bridge pickup, and I used a Hagstrom Super Viking with the neck pickup coil split and full humbucking mode in the bridge (middle position) for the clean stuff. Load up the IR in the title, tweak for your individual hands and guitars and have fun!

Attachments

• JYC 412 demo-dirty-BR 57B3+121.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
  • JYC 412 demo-clean-BR 57B3+121.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Here ya go! Just for a frame of reference, I tracked the dirty guitars with a Hagstrom Pat Smear tuned down to B with a really hot bridge pickup, and I used a Hagstrom Super Viking with the neck pickup coil split and full humbucking mode in the bridge (middle position) for the clean stuff. Load up the IR in the title, tweak for your individual hands and guitars and have fun!
Of course I've got the IRs and stay on top of all of Ownhammer's new releases, so I will do just that! Thanks much, Justin.

The closest setup I have to yours is an EBMM Steve Morse Y2D. It's got a strong and brilliant humbucking bridge pickup but I'll have to go full humbucking in the front position or just use one of my Stratocasters :D

Of course I've got the IRs and stay on top of all of Ownhammer's new releases, so I will do just that! Thanks much, Justin.

The closest setup I have to yours is an EBMM Steve Morse Y2D. It's got a strong and brilliant humbucking bridge pickup but I'll have to go full humbucking in the front position or just use one of my Stratocasters :D

I'm curious to hear how it ended up working out for you. I noticed that when I had both pickups in humbucking mode, the amp tended to overdrive a bit too much, and both humbuckers coil split didn't have enough meat on the bone. I've always been a sucker for clean tones using a guitar with a single coil (preferably a P-90) in the neck, and a moderate output humbucker in the bridge. It's like the perfect blend between chime and authority.

Back
Top Bottom