Ownhammer IRs Question

Slammin Mofo

Inspired
I've bought some Ownhammer IRs about a year ago and I used them on my Axe FX Ultra. They cost me 3$ per cabinet and they were always labeled with AX1 at the end, e.g.: 412-GTR SLM H75 (AX1)

Does that mean that they're only usable for the first generation Axe FX / Axe II Lo-Res and that I need to buy new Ownhammer IRs if I want to have the higher resolution Axe FX II IRs?

There is a converter out there to convert the files to the Lo Res Axe II file type.

However, I suggest simply logging into your OH account to see if it allows you to download the Axe II versions of the files your purchased free of charge.

You should be able to download anything you've purchased in the past, and the current version of the libraries includes both AxeFx formats.

There isn't a low res format as such. G2 (AxeFx 2) format contains 2040 samples, while G1 format contains 1024 samples. When you convert from g1 to g2 the data is padded with silence to make up the difference.

You should be able to download anything you've purchased in the past, and the current version of the libraries includes both AxeFx formats.

There isn't a low res format as such. G2 (AxeFx 2) format contains 2040 samples, while G1 format contains 1024 samples. When you convert from g1 to g2 the data is padded with silence to make up the difference.

I certainly can download the IRs that I've purchased in the past, but I think they're all 1024 samples big. I want the 2048 samples version (not the 1024 samples + silence version). So that means I need to buy the current libraries?

Any guys out there who've purchased the 3$ IRs for the standard/ultra and had to pay 10$ for the new IRs?

You have to re-purchase them in the new format - same boat here. From their FAQ:

Q: I purchased one of the package types due to my needs and/or budget at that time, but now I want a different format type. Are there 'upgrade paths' offered where I can be credited the amount I've paid to be put towards another product type?

Short answer: No.
Longer answer: Each of the separate library types are provided in different formats, created for different hosts and platforms, with different unique and sometimes exclusive feature sets, with different intended uses and purposes, and different development, maintenance, and support costs/requirements. Therefor the difference between one format and another is not considered an 'upgrade', but a separate product altogether.

To illustrate this, think of buying a video game from BB. The same game can come out for PC, PS, XB, etc, etc. You choose the one that suits you best based on your needs as a gamer and your platform requirements or constraints, and you're off. A very similar product categorization concept is at hand here.

Back
Top Bottom