OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tone_Freak said:
Just to clarify this too, that only occurs if there is a spelling/grammar error if the double check was not ideal.

Not being combative or argumentative - just a playful observation - but I watched you change post #135 three times, not a single time was it for spelling or grammar. :p

Not being combative or argumentative - just a playful observation - but I watched you change post #135 three times, not a single time was it for spelling or grammar. :p

This is just for clarifications sake also perhaps at other times.

Regardless, none of this really addresses any of the questions which lie at the basis for my concerns. So if I email once again, as you suggest, I assume my questions will not be addressed once more? Because you mention my questions are not relevant in here. I dont see how this is so. I am not out of line here because I am addressing Clark Kents comparison in my inquiry and my inquiry is therefore valid to this thread if Kents post is valid. So then whats the point of changing the medium if in the end I will remain answer-less?

Wow... I think it's about time we grab our instruments and make some music!

[Andy Rooney Voice]
I've tried some of the ownhammer IR's. Didn't like them. Didn't buy them. End of story. The ones I tried sounded a little too hyped/fizzy to me. Do I care about the recorded signal path? no. Do I care about how they sound to my ears? yes.

I've tried different user contributed IR's. Some I liked. I'll keep those in a folder and maybe use them some day.

I've tried Redwirez IR's. I really liked those. They sound great to me. I bought a few cab sets. My user slots are filled with Redwirez cabs.

I've tried the stock cabs. Some were good. I found I had to add blocking EQ's to tame them.

In the end I did what I think we should all do- Grab a guitar, make some music, and above all use our ears to judge what sounds good.
[/Andy Rooney Voice]

I hear the Prism sound Orpheus converter in Clark Kent's example above that he has kindly shared.

LOL! Then you shouldn't have any trouble using your ears to find out what Kevin used.

No offence Tone_Freak but stating something like this makes you look like one of those guys who only uses certain gear because of it's reputation without hearing the tone and judging it by yourself. You spent 2000€ on an Axe-Fx and you are whining about $3 IR's that you refuse to even try before you know exactly how they are made. You are interested in the product. Otherwise you wouldn't write in this topic so don't bash a product if you haven't tried it and buy one cab since you can afford it. And now that we all know your attitude towards OwnHammer before trying, you probably will state trying and hating the cabs just because you don't seem to be a guy who judges with ears. I'm assuming that because you have a negative memory from this thread.

Every business has it's business secrets and Kevin has his way of doing things that helps him make a living. I'm sure you'll hate them no matter how good they are because of psychological reasons.

And awaaaaaaay we go!!!! Bang, zoom!!!

Attachments

• train_wreck.jpg
    train_wreck.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
  • B1332.jpg
    B1332.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 13
  • SigmundFreudActionFigure.jpg
    SigmundFreudActionFigure.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
LOL! Then you shouldn't have any trouble using your ears to find out what Kevin used.

Sorry, you have no idea if I could be part deaf or not... ofr if i am not sure, or if I am getting it checked out... so i need to know. But my reasons for needing to know need not concern you... so its irrelevant. Another person could be 70% deaf in certain frequencies so this is another important reason for companies to provide certain info openly - especially in this IR ordeal.

No offence Tone_Freak but stating something like this makes you look like one of those guys who only uses certain gear because of it's reputation without hearing the tone and judging it by yourself. You spent 2000€ on an Axe-Fx and you are whining about $3 IR's that you refuse to even try before you know exactly how they are made.

Excuse me I bought all the ownhammers and even explicitly stated that I was getting sub par results with them in comparision to the stock cabs and especially in comparison to the redwirez. But even if i mentioned the stock cabs alone, the objective is not to get worse but to improve upon the IR-based sound in the Axe IR.

You are interested in the product. Otherwise you wouldn't write in this topic so don't bash a product if you haven't tried it and buy one cab since you can afford it. And now that we all know your attitude towards OwnHammer before trying, you probably will state trying and hating the cabs just because you don't seem to be a guy who judges with ears. I'm assuming that because you have a negative memory from this thread.

Wow... boy was I wrong about you.... and btw... WRONG! lol. Where are you getting all your assumptions - which are might i add -> 100% bankrupt. Ive paid for every single Ownhammer to date, and find that when I load them I am like "why do these sound so dead?" And now I feel I might ask for my money back for not being able to have access to important information like I do with redwirez - a company who has nothing to hide.

Every business has it's business secrets and Kevin has his way of doing things that helps him make a living. I'm sure you'll hate them no matter how good they are because of psychological reasons.

Well is being blindly fooled into believing they are made with premium studio gear any better? Jeeezzz... lighten up... and take a valium or something... I just asked for a small example of ownhammer to provide to serve as an example of what "pro studio gear" was used in the making of their impulses"?

Again, I must repeat I was really wrong about putting any trust in any of your posts to date, and now you are joining in among the flock who is trying to start something with me simple based on the fact that I have an honest opinion. And based on the fact that I have shared honest disagreement in the past. Wow.... but then again... welcome to America!

So now I am not only confused about ownhammers, but also of your conditions for your test which could have even been botched from the start.... and you also did not include in your notes whether you tweaked both the same way. Did you know that only then would the test be more unbiased?

For example - you can't just take one sample and put a tape saturator on that and then put different processing on the other sample as you stated "tweaked both to your liking". What is that supposed to mean? This ownhammer situation really sucks even worse now. Can we please quit it with all this nonsense and learn to have a civilized discussion?

Last edited:
I'm deeply sorry for misunderstanding what you were trying to say. I didn't know you owned the IR's and the reason I said what I said was because I though you didn't even try the IR's. The reason I misunderstood what you were trying to say was that I didn't think it would matter what products was used in making of these IR's if you already have them. At that point I would think you ears is all that matter. The knowledge of what gear was used will not change the IR's. Sorry man.

IMHO OwnHammer and Redwirez are both high quality IR's but very different. What would be the point in Kevin's business if he made the exact same products as Redwirez already has to offer? The main difference is that with Redwirez you know exactly what mic positions you are using. The reason why I still prefer OwnHammer is that their IR's are mix-ready. It took me 10 minutes to decide which mic position I liked the best and I haven't found anything to replace that IR.

If it was up to me, all IR's on the planet should be made through Mesa power amps. :D But I know the market for such IR's would be quite small. And Mesa is from the US so a lawsuit would be in order. "Sue this, sue that."

EDIT: And about my behavior: I used to try to help people in this community but it reached a point where I was mostly getting demands and disrespect. It's a free community so I don't need that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom