OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wont translate the same through the Atomics as your monitors.

The only way you will be able to get close is to tweak the patch to sound the same on your Atomics, there is no other way around it!

Actually is it when you chug? I had a similar problem with my FBT 12ma. To fix I added a filter, after the cab, set to peaking and Q around 8 or 10. I then pulled out 705hz by between -5db and -10db as there was a lot of resonance at this frequency with this cab. It's worth a go :)

Spence

I Bought the whole collection! Those IRs are perfect for me.

They sound more natural than the RedWirez with no effort. I was going nuts trying to get those RedWirez working for me but I'm not into mixing and all that stuff. I don't have time or the interest for it. These IRs gave me better satisfaction in minutes.

To the point I'm at with the RedWirez, I'll collect the new releases and experiment with them over time. At 1$ a pop, I don't think it'll ruin me. I can see the RedWirez being a lot more customizable in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing but that's just too much effort for me.

I'm eager to see which new IRs OwnHammer will be released next.

At first I found them comparable to the Red Wirez, just different, but they start to grow on me.
I too was dealing with the "agony of choice" in the RW collection, I like the simplicity of the Ownhammers.
Of course the available IRs are limited still. Normally I'd never choose a Mesa cab but it works fine with my Bogner XTC presets.
Tonight rehearsals, so let's see how this works out loud.

Last edited:
Hi Spence,

i've listen to your Clips and that's one Reson for me to buy the Ownhammers ;-)
I've tried to all my Patches and now i think thats the Atomics who will not work, did you use FRFR ?
Are your Clips direkt recorded ?
Tried your patches, same result, muddy and boomy.

Sash

Here is my Marsha Rythem Patch, works very well with the Atomics

Hiya! Are you using an atomic FR or the old ones??
I'm using a FR here with these IRs and it sounds great!

Cheers

Hi,

no i'm using the new FR ones, did you try my Patch with the Ownhammer IR's ?
The Patch that i posted sounds great through the Atomics, but with the Ownhammers
the Sound gets very nasal and muddy.
I'm still trying, the clips from Spence sounded great with the Ownhammer, curently i prefer the Stock Cabs for
Band practise and Live and the Ownhammer are great for Rcording, the Sound is more natural, like the original Cab,
but i have to try a Filter after the Cab
Sash

Hello Everyone,

Now on ownhammer.com is the '412-GTR SLM V30-1' set of Speaker Cabinet libraries, which consists of the Celestion Vintage 30 #1 captured in an SLM Electronics BV412SVB 4x12 cabinet. This configuration was the original inspiration for the OwnHammer Speaker Cabinet Impulse Response Libraries, and we are very happy to finally make this available for everyone.

The direct link to sound demos for the new library is:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/412-gtr/media/slm/v30-1/

When compared to the 412-GTR Mesa V30-1 which contains the same speaker configuration, the 412-GTR SLM V30-1 has a slightly elevated high and low end and subdued midrange, with a softer sag in place of the spongy punch to a small extent; all of which becomes more evident in a full mix.

In addition to the product release, we have a few other announcements we would like to pass your way, but are a bit lengthy to post about here. To read them, check out the newest entry on the news page:

http://www.ownhammer.com/news/

Enjoy!

@ownhammer: I am lost on the site. The site indicates that "Each cabinet then offers the following 12" speaker options to be loaded within it *" (and it lists a bunch of cabs)

Where are the cabs? Can you point me to the links for:
•Celestion Blue
•Jensen P12N
•Scumback J75

I'm lost as to where to find them. Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Now on ownhammer.com is the '412-GTR SLM V30-1' set of Speaker Cabinet libraries, which consists of the Celestion Vintage 30 #1 captured in an SLM Electronics BV412SVB 4x12 cabinet. This configuration was the original inspiration for the OwnHammer Speaker Cabinet Impulse Response Libraries, and we are very happy to finally make this available for everyone.

The direct link to sound demos for the new library is:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/412-gtr/media/slm/v30-1/

When compared to the 412-GTR Mesa V30-1 which contains the same speaker configuration, the 412-GTR SLM V30-1 has a slightly elevated high and low end and subdued midrange, with a softer sag in place of the spongy punch to a small extent; all of which becomes more evident in a full mix.

In addition to the product release, we have a few other announcements we would like to pass your way, but are a bit lengthy to post about here. To read them, check out the newest entry on the news page:

http://www.ownhammer.com/news/

Enjoy!

Sweeeet!

@ Bill -

At the end of the line you referenced there's an asterisk which at the bottom of the page has the footer definition for it. Saving you the time of looking it up though, the long and short is those are speakers that we have in-house, and either have products out for or will be having them out in the future pending their development. If a speaker is available, it will be in the pull down menu in the 'Listen' section, and also in the Store section of the site. As per the ones you mentioned, the BLU right now is available in the Boogafunk 1x12 and also is the next library to be made with the SLM 4x12 cab, the P12N and J75 are in the queue as per the most recent anouncement on the News page. A link to the sound samples for the BLU is:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/112-gtr/media/boogafunk/blu/

In the Store section, to do a quick find of the Alnico Blue libraries, in the top right do a search on Alnico Blue and it will turn up the libraries in the various formats available.

Hope this helps!

@Spence -
Great to hear! You'll have to let me know how you like the difference in tone compared to the Mesa V30-1 and SLM M75 in a high dB environment!

I will have a fuller report, but used the OwnHammer IR's live on stage and was very pleased with the results. Sounded great. Doing my own 'mix' of them using the stereo cab function on the Axe-FX and panning to center. I'll post in more detail on a separate thread. Thumbs up!

Very interested. Especially if major adjustments of your settings were necessary.

I've been watching this thread and others on this subject of the Ownhammers and have to say I'm very impressed with Kevin's(Ownhammer) response to everyones questions and even open to changes in his product to accommodate the use of other IR's with his product. Very cool! I'm a Redwire junky but like someone else said before, I'm open for choices. Looks like I'll be using PayPal VERY soon.

I've been watching this thread and others on this subject of the Ownhammers and have to say I'm very impressed with Kevin's(Ownhammer) response to everyones questions and even open to changes in his product to accommodate the use of other IR's with his product. Very cool! I'm a Redwire junky but like someone else said before, I'm open for choices. Looks like I'll be using PayPal VERY soon.

The Ownhammers definitely have their own flavors and make a nice addition to the Red Wirez.

@Spence -
Great to hear! You'll have to let me know how you like the difference in tone compared to the Mesa V30-1 and SLM M75 in a high dB environment!

Yeah about this. I didn't get round to trying the v30 at rehearsal as we were auditioning a new singer so it was pretty busy but the real reason was that all my patches are using the H75 and at no point did I feel that this didn't work for my tones. Everything already sounded amazing! Our other guitarist had a Marshall JCM2000 and a 4x12 cab and the AxeFX sounded so much better with the Ownhammer cabs through my FBT. I am in a happy place! I'll be messing with the other cabs this week to see if they fit some styles/amps better so I'll keep you informed. Awesome!

I will have a fuller report, but used the OwnHammer IR's live on stage and was very pleased with the results. Sounded great. Doing my own 'mix' of them using the stereo cab function on the Axe-FX and panning to center. I'll post in more detail on a separate thread. Thumbs up!

They are working out really well for my live, can't wait to here what you are doing with them!

Spence, can you elaborate a bit?
What mic pos works for you "live" through FR?
When switching from stock/RW to Ownhammer, what tone adjustments do you have to make (less presence?)?

Spence, can you elaborate a bit?
What mic pos works for you "live" through FR?
When switching from stock/RW to Ownhammer, what tone adjustments do you have to make (less presence?)?

Sure! I am using the M75 scumback SM57 Pos 3, I loved the clips on Ownhammer's website using this position so ran with it.

As far as changes in the AxeFX they were pretty easy. Within the cab block I started using the presence knob as if -10 was 0 and +10 was 10 (pretty sure Cliff alluded to this as appropriate for most of the amps, fender and vox excluded) When I used real amps I never liked much presence and used to dial it way back. With most amp blocks (still excluding fender and vox) I am starting around -3 and tweaking from there. Some of the later (or reworked) models seem to have a more natural presence and I leave it around noon for them. I have been setting the Spkr Res Freq to 110hz which is working well. As well as these tweaks I have lowered the master volume on many of my high gain patches to below 3. Rest of the settings are tweak per model.

The cab is a single mono cab with no drive/air dialled in.

Next is the verb which is a med room verb with the time down to about 1.2 - 1.4 secs. Verb level is down to around -23db and early level up to around -8db. Mix is set to 20% ish.

Then there is a filter set to peaking Q=10, freq=700hz gain=-9db, this was a tip I heard when researching mixing techniques for guitars and it works really nicely to remove a little mid clutter.

The biggest change I made was moving away from a blocking EQ to control the highs as I felt it was cutting too much of the air from my tone. I now have another filter set to high shelf, freq=4100hz, gain between -2 and -7 depending on the patch. This works well to control the upper frequencies without cutting too much air.

A couple of my higher gain patches Uber and Das Metal I have another filter set as a low blocking at 120hz.

That's about it really. Happy to go into more detail/per patch. If you are interested then PM me and we can sort something out.

Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom