OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Spence, looking forward to see your patches too. Great recordings. Still using the old blocking PEQ with the ownhammers?

I'll post the patches and new clips shortly. I'm not using the PEQ any more, I'll explain in more detail in a new post.

Spence

It's 1024.

1008 comes from a 21ms delay when trying to split an it in order to use two cab blocks to increase resolution close to 2048 samples. Splitting doesn't work tough as I don't take into account the window used by the axefx, it used to be used when the axefx only supported 512 samples max.

It's 1024.

1008 comes from a 21ms delay when trying to split an it in order to use two cab blocks to increase resolution close to 2048 samples. Splitting doesn't work tough as I don't take into account the window used by the axefx, it used to be used when the axefx only supported 512 samples max.

Is that what the latent space is on the front end of these IR's? I seem to recall that the latency should be edited out.

I bought the sysex Axe-FX versions and when I looked at them in the Converter App, you can see the latency on the front of the IR's.

Wondering if that is something OwnHammer could/would/should do?

Is that what the latent space is on the front end of these IR's? I seem to recall that the latency should be edited out.

I bought the sysex Axe-FX versions and when I looked at them in the Converter App, you can see the latency on the front of the IR's.

Wondering if that is something OwnHammer could/would/should do?

I'm with Scott here. Although it's not audible on it's own, the silence in the beginning of those ownhammer syx files leads to phasing issues when mixing them with others.
Should not be that way.

Hi
I'm new to the Forum, but not new to the Axe ;-)
I've bought the Ownhammers today and tried to tweak my Patches, but everything sound very boomy and muddy through the Atomcs.
I've tried the Scumbacks with ervery Mic Position, but nothing work.
Need a little advice ;-)

Cheers Sash

@Albert:

Thanks very much for the info, I'll update the site the next chance I get!

@Scott and DieSchmalle:

Correct, you're not going to feel the 0.3 to 0.5 ms (from a quick eye-balling, not scientific measurement here) difference. The OwnHammer IR's are in phase with each other, and not necessarily with other commercial, freeware, or stock IR's. I see this not as something that is wrong or deficient with the libraries, but more as an enhancement request. As I feel providing the ability to blend in with the stock cabs could benefit the community, I'll put this in motion assuming that in testing truncating enough head information to be phase accurate with the stock cabs does yeild any degredation to the sound quality.

Having said that, as this is a massive amount of back-pedaling (involving the need do this with SYX, WAV, and NEB libraries, then roll it out to all customers on existing and previous transactional frameworks, and support of those who may not have "gotten the memo" and are having phasing problems of new libraries with previous libraries, etc, etc, etc) and I am almost always under high work loads (and have been putting in 60-100 hour weeks towards all my occupational duties and responsibilities 53 consecutive weeks now on top of my obligations as a spouse and parent) it is going to take a some time. New libraries will take priority, though I do have a future format update for SYX packages planned, so I'll probably kill two birds with one stone and if this pans out, roll it out at the same time.

@Sashman:

Typically the reaction to the OwnHammer IR's is quite the opposite of both those descriptors. Add onto that the M75 is a good deal brighter than any other OwnHammer library save for the BLU and 12K. What I can offer with quick hints on the library is that as the IR numbers progress from 1 to 5, they go from being more cap oriented in response and tonality to more cone and room sounding. I'm not an Atomic owner (just a DI/silent recorder myself), so hopefully some of the other members here can pitch in with some additional tips and hints. :)

Last edited:
@Albert:

Thanks very much for the info, I'll update the site the next chance I get!

@Scott and DieSchmalle:

Correct, you're not going to feel the 0.3 to 0.5 ms (from a quick eye-balling, not scientific measurement here) difference. The OwnHammer IR's are in phase with each other, and not necessarily with other commercial, freeware, or stock IR's. I see this not as something that is wrong or deficient with the libraries, but more as an enhancement request. As I feel providing the ability to blend in with the stock cabs could benefit the community, I'll put this in motion assuming that in testing truncating enough head information to be phase accurate with the stock cabs does yeild any degredation to the sound quality.

Having said that, as this is a massive amount of back-pedaling (involving the need do this with SYX, WAV, and NEB libraries, then roll it out to all customers on existing and previous transactional frameworks, and support of those who may not have "gotten the memo" and are having phasing problems of new libraries with previous libraries, etc, etc, etc) and I am almost always under high work loads (and have been putting in 60-100 hour weeks towards all my occupational duties and responsibilities 53 consecutive weeks now on top of my obligations as a spouse and parent) it is going to take a some time. New libraries will take priority, though I do have a future format update for SYX packages planned, so I'll probably kill two birds with one stone and if this pans out, roll it out at the same time.

@Sashman:

Typically the reaction to the OwnHammer IR's is quite the opposite of both those descriptors. Add onto that the M75 is a good deal brighter than any other OwnHammer library save for the BLU and 12K. What I can offer with quick hints on the library is that as the IR numbers progress from 1 to 5, they go from being more cap oriented in response and tonality to more cone and room sounding. I'm not an Atomic owner (just a DI/silent recorder myself), so hopefully some of the other members here can pitch in with some additional tips and hints. :)

Thanks - I understand and appreciate what I am asking for; trust me! I was not trying to bust your chops nor imply anything negative, just asking a question based on what I noticed and heard (when mixed with other IR's).

Thanks for supporting and standing behind your product.

Hi
I'm new to the Forum, but not new to the Axe ;-)
I've bought the Ownhammers today and tried to tweak my Patches, but everything sound very boomy and muddy through the Atomcs.
I've tried the Scumbacks with ervery Mic Position, but nothing work.
Need a little advice ;-)

Cheers Sash

Hi man,

I posted some patches/clips using marshall models over in the recording section. They are using the M75s with the SM57 pos 3 (I love this position on this cab). I've found it pretty easy to get well balanced sounds using these cabs. Maybe you could post your patch and the Ownhammer IR you are using and we can help you out I'm sure :)

Spence

Thanks - I understand and appreciate what I am asking for; trust me! I was not trying to bust your chops nor imply anything negative, just asking a question based on what I noticed and heard (when mixed with other IR's).

Thanks for supporting and standing behind your product.

No chop busting implications taken! :)

This is something I do want to do, it's mostly just getting the time to do it and distribute it. I hope I didn't seem to clinical or defensive in my response, I have been hurriedly multi-multi-tasking today and was trying to get it all out of my brain and onto cyber-paper as time effectively as I could. :p

The act of doing this is in no way difficult, just massively time consuming and tedious. I'm extremely excited about some of my upcoming releases as well, so that doesn't help, haha!

Hopefully I can get this rolled out in a timely manner, I'll be giving it my very best efforts within the time resources I can section off for it. :)

Hi Spence,

i've listen to your Clips and that's one Reson for me to buy the Ownhammers ;-)
I've tried to all my Patches and now i think thats the Atomics who will not work, did you use FRFR ?
Are your Clips direkt recorded ?
Tried your patches, same result, muddy and boomy.

Sash

Here is my Marsha Rythem Patch, works very well with the Atomics

Attachments

• Marsha Rythem.syx
    2 KB · Views: 15
Hi Spence,

I've tried to all my Patches and now i think thats the Atomics who will not work, did you use FRFR ?

Sash

My patches were recorded and tweaked for direct using my studio monitors and FBT verve 12ma (for live work).

I find the Marsha to be very chunky in the low end. Give me a few mins and I'll check you patch out on my setup and see what's what.

Spence

Hi Spence,

Sash

No problem with your patch through my monitors. You do like gain though... ;)

When you load the Ownhammers, you do disable the mic sim in the Cab block?

My patches were recorded and tweaked for direct using my studio monitors and FBT verve 12ma (for live work).

I find the Marsha to be very chunky in the low end. Give me a few mins and I'll check you patch out on my setup and see what's what.

Spence

Ok so I just loaded your patch up and played. Sounds ok. Too much low-end for me but that's my taste. I switched the stereo cab for a mono and stuck the Ownhammer M75 SM57 in there (by-passing the mic sims etc) and the result was a much more controlled low-end. I dropped the bass from 4.5 down to about 4 and then I recorded a before and after clip which I'll drop here in a few mins. Here is my patch with the Ownhammer in user slot 1.

Spence

Attachments

• SW_Sashman_Rythem.syx
    2 KB · Views: 18
@ Yek. yes the Mic Sim is off in the Cab Block
@ Spence i will try the Patch but now I think that the Atomics are the Point.
I will figure this out.

Thanx
Sash

Whow, i like both Clips !
But i don't understand why the Ownhammers are still muddy and boomy, still with your modified Patch.

Sash

Whow, i like both Clips !
But i don't understand why the Ownhammers are still muddy and boomy, still with your modified Patch.

Sash

Hmmmm, The ownhammer patch looks a little hotter than the original you are not overloading the inputs on your atomic or something? You could try adding a filter block after the cab and blocking at 100-120hz. You could also try the filter block set to peaking, q=1.5 or so and then set gain between -3db and -6db then try this around 100hz-120hz or around 200hz-250hz. Either of these could help remove the trouble frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom