Ownhammer High Gain Essentials - Mesa - Chinese V30 - Dirty Riff Test - Fas Modern

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

I want to share a riff i threw together last night to demonstrate these incredible new IR's from Kevin at Ownhammer. He has truly outdone himself with these cab simulations as many of you already know and have stated on these forums.

This impulse is just one of the mixes that Kevin created for the Mesa cabinet with the Chinese 80hm V30 speaker. For those of you that know these IR's, it is one of the Live impulse presets...and here is the proof that you don't have to use studio mixes for recording and live mixes for shows etc.

This short riff simply came from the inspiration that these IR's had given me once i had purchased them. I have only scratched the surface with the Mesa impulses and i fully intend to grab the Diezel and Engl cabs at some point but to be honest, these Mesa impulses have given me a satisfaction with my tone that i have never had and so i am just going to enjoy playing instead of tweaking all the time!

Even if you aren't interested in the tones/cab sims or anything please just enjoy the riffs and sounds!

Cheers!

Justin

Last edited:
I totally agree with you and i dont usually write riffs like this however, it seemed right to compose something short like this to demonstrate the main purpose of these IR's despite them being incredibly versatile to use with any kind of distorted sound really. But thanks, glad you dig it!

Wow, im super jealous! Really nice stuff dude! BTW i think reverweb tried to ask what info of what cab that was and not how the IR works, but anyhoo :D

Thanks guys!

Ahhh how stupid of me haha...it is the V30 chinese 8ohm version and the exact IR is the 5881 poweramp, live preset 02 i believe.

Not stupid, don't be like that... ;) I have DZL EN pack and all the new mesa high gain packs. Haven't tried any other mic's yet than blending the direct mic's but this is really impressive, im so far away from this :D

Not stupid, don't be like that... ;) I have DZL EN pack and all the new mesa high gain packs. Haven't tried any other mic's yet than blending the direct mic's but this is really impressive, im so far away from this :D

Thanks man! Well i just jumped through the presets or mixes as they are labelled but i just went through the studio and live presets until i heard one that sounded right to my ears and that was it!

The ease of use with these IR's is really down to the attention to detail that Kevin has put into his work. The man really has outdone himself to my ears!

Yeah you can't give it out too much for him, it'd be weird to ask him to marry me so i'll just settle going all over his impulses mwhahahahah... Gotta check out those live ones for sure.
I actually have tried going back to the ones i used to LOVE before i purchased the high gain essentials. It was short, ugly and depressive. ;) JK, Kevin is tha man.

Back
Top Bottom