IRs OwnHammer Guitar Cabinet Essentials

Third-party impulse response pack
Anyone figure out if it’s a pre rola green back ? Be nice to have the g12h30 55 for zeppelin.
It doesn't specifically say, but the marketing seems to imply that they're pre-rola greenbacks. The description just says "vintage greenbacks". It has a smoother and less aggressive high end than the Rock Box M25, which is what I'd expect when comparing pre-rola vs modern. Modern greenbacks have quite a bit more high end.

Thanks for taking the time! I commented in the video thread you linked. Great tones!

Lately, I've been using either the 57+121 or 57+160 and pick one or the other depending on the amp. I looked at the curves in some software and the RIP 3 is identical to the 57+160, but there's a slight difference between the Forward 3 and the 57+121. In the vid, I think I prefer the Forward 3. I'll have to try comparing them again in my presets.

... there are two planned non-destructive, additive only (albeit with a minor folder structure alteration) free updates coming to Rock-Box as soon as I am able to transition over to working on that part ... the first one will bring something in that will inadvertently address this concern/request, to a degree ...

Quick update; this has now been deployed. The "Tall Vintage" cabinet has now been added to the Rock-Box fold. This new cabinet adds some natural low end authority and resonance to the OwnHammer Rock-Box kit, and will be a relatively familiar and welcome sound to those of the L.103 persuasion.

To acquire, simply log into your account on the OwnHammer site and re-download any commercial Rock-Box library from your order history. Please note, while the Blend, Classic, and Modern cabinets have not changed sonically, the file and folder structure has been altered a little to better make room for and organize the content of this update, as well as the second planned cabinet expansion coming down the line. To this end, it would be best to first delete the previous fileset(s) before extracting the new to the same location.

Thanks and enjoy! :)

Quick update; this has now been deployed. The "Tall Vintage" cabinet has now been added to the Rock-Box fold. This new cabinet adds some natural low end authority and resonance to the OwnHammer Rock-Box kit, and will be a relatively familiar and welcome sound to those of the L.103 persuasion.

To acquire, simply log into your account on the OwnHammer site and re-download any commercial Rock-Box library from your order history. Please note, while the Blend, Classic, and Modern cabinets have not changed sonically, the file and folder structure has been altered a little to better make room for and organize the content of this update, as well as the second planned cabinet expansion coming down the line. To this end, it would be best to first delete the previous fileset(s) before extracting the new to the same location.

Thanks and enjoy! :)
Thank you for the free update! Your Rock-Box libraries have quickly become my favorite IRs.

Last edited:
Thank you for the free update! Your Rock-Box libraries have quickly become my favorite IRs.

Very welcome, and very happy to hear you're digging the Rock-Box stuff!

This is my latest recording with the Rock Classics Greenback pack. 57+121 mix :

Sounds awesome Anand! Great to hear that you are enjoying the Classic Rock Essentials pack; was hoping you would!

So I wanna pull the trigger on the rock essentials and maybe the h30…

BUT… I already have spent a lot on irs that I will never use…

So is there someone with a fractal product ( I have the fm3 so no smoothing etc) that had great results with fractal modeled plexi and those packs for standard rock tones (70’s, 80´s, kotzen etc) ?

And do you have some mp3 or vids for me to listen?

I only found one vids on YouTube about the H30…

@Anand Mahangoe : your tones are really great but I previously owned tube amps and irs loadbox and it’s really different than à modeler, even an fm3. Amps and loadbox+ir are way better so not really on the spot if you use a fm3.

Thanks in advance :)

So I wanna pull the trigger on the rock essentials and maybe the h30…

BUT… I already have spent a lot on irs that I will never use…

So is there someone with a fractal product ( I have the fm3 so no smoothing etc) that had great results with fractal modeled plexi and those packs for standard rock tones (70’s, 80´s, kotzen etc) ?

And do you have some mp3 or vids for me to listen?

I only found one vids on YouTube about the H30…

@Anand Mahangoe : your tones are really great but I previously owned tube amps and irs loadbox and it’s really different than à modeler, even an fm3. Amps and loadbox+ir are way better so not really on the spot if you use a fm3.

Thanks in advance :)
I can really recommend the Classic Rock pack Joshua . For both live with the FM3 and recording with the Tube Amp + Load Box and IRs + FX coming from and FM3 : Killer IR !!

Just here to say the new TALL cabs in the rockbox packs sound perfect. Best ownhammer tones I’ve gotten to date, thanks so much!

Awesome, thanks very much! Very happy they were a welcome add for you!

@ownhammer are first few mix files (the new ones) without a letter the same as the first ones with the latter? Or are they different?

Not sure of the exact context, but if this is regarding the Classic cab IR's in the Rock-Box (update), the quintet outside of the "Extended Classic" folder alongside the other cabinet options are a copy/paste of mix "C" from the aforementioned Extended Classic group. Was I on the mark, or was this regarding a different IR set?

Back
Top Bottom