Ownhammer "Flash Spring Sale & Initial Notice of Product Catalog Shift"

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Got this email today from Ownhammer:
FLASH SALE

Spring 2022 • 30% OFF

Now through the end of the weekend (April 3), get an additional 30% off of any purchase by entering the following coupon code during checkout:

SPRING30​

This promotion is exclusive to the OwnHammer website (ownhammer.com), and valid for all currently active products therein. Sale ends Sunday at midnight, Eastern Time. No rainchecks or extensions provided. Sale not retroactively applicable to previous purchases.

Additionally, OwnHammer is currently in the middle of a very exciting transition period a half-decade in the making regarding the kinds of products and services it will provide moving into the future. As such, we recommend not sleeping on this opportunity, and picking up anything you may have had your eye on as the content catalog we offer will soon begin permanently shifting.

All the best, from all of us at OwnHammer

That last paragraph is somewhere between exiting and ominous I'd say. Wonder what they could be "shift"-ing to...

My IR collection is seriously lacking 4x12s, so now might be a great time to grab some on the cheap!

big fan of the Heavy Hitters Volume 1. The DZL v30 and MES v30 are obviously great for metal. However, my favorite cabs are probably the MAR EDVH. They are just so awesome for some 80's riffage.

I've had my eye on the 212 recto pack, so now might be a good time to make that purchase!

I have so far been able to find good sounding IRs in the selection that comes with the FM3. Do the Ownhammer IRs really sound that much better than the stock IRs? Or is it a marginal improvement only?

I have so far been able to find good sounding IRs in the selection that comes with the FM3. Do the Ownhammer IRs really sound that much better than the stock IRs? Or is it a marginal improvement only?
The individual stock IRs are great. For me the thing missing from Axefx IRs are mixes. Yes I can mix up to 4 IRs in the cab block but that gets very cpu intensive. I'd like to see more basic mix IRs (ie 121 + 57) in the stock list. But I see this as possibly a concious decision on Fractal's part - if u want pre-mixed, third party + Cablab is the answer.

I think each IR maker has their own unique sound. Tons of companies make high end IRs, each individual might just prefer the flavor of one over the other. Personally for me, the Ownhammer OH1 mic mixes have been the flavor that just sounds right.

Just got the (r)Evolution Debut Bundle
for my first Ownhammer produkt, because I wanted to try their Marshall GNR ir´s and let me surprise what they got else. The package cannot be downloaded as a whole, only as individual parts, which are, for me, unusually labeled. Therefore, I had to read the pdf and/or consult the website to understand what is in the folders. This does not seem user friendly at first. Once I had renamed some folders in the way I like, it became clear and logical. Like (OH_MRBW+MRCB_Mono) to (412M G12M + 412M V30).
In the "summary" folder there are always eight files that offer the basic sound of the cab in a neutral mix and seven variations. -And that blew me away: They all sound excellent. Of all 4x12 cabs, I put the neutral variant at the beginning of the user cabs to be able to quickly decide on a cab and then dive deeper into the mixes. ALL sound so good, that I could hardly skip further. I am thrilled. These are great and much fun to play. These ir´s have a percussive quality and sound very punchy through the monitors. I get the feeling of listening to a big wooden cab.
There are hundreds of further mixes and single mic ir´s in other folders, but I dont´t have the urge to try them, because I am very lucky at the moment.

Last edited:
I agree the IRs in the unit are all fantastic. I got some IR packs prior to buying a fractal product so my reasons were different then. However, now I think of third party IRs as "what am I missing?" and I really deep dive into speaker types and cabinets. Just more stuff to hone in on the sound in my head lol.

Just got the (r)Evolution Debut Bundle
for my first Ownhammer produkt, because I wanted to try their Marshall GNR ir´s and let me surprise what they got else. The package cannot be downloaded as a whole, only as individual parts, which are, for me, unusually labeled. Therefore, I had to read the pdf and/or consult the website to understand what is in the folders. This does not seem user friendly at first. Once I had renamed some folders in the way I like, it became clear and logical. Like (OH_MRBW+MRCB_Mono) to (412M G12M + 412M V30).
In the "summary" folder there are always eight files that offer the basic sound of the cab in a neutral mix and seven variations. -And that blew me away: They all sound excellent. Of all 4x12 cabs, I put the neutral variant at the beginning of the user cabs to be able to quickly decide on a cab and then dive deeper into the mixes. ALL sound so good, that I could hardly skip further. I am thrilled. These are great and much fun to play. These ir´s have a percussive quality and sound very punchy through the monitors. I get the feeling of listening to a big wooden cab.
There are hundreds of further mixes and single mic ir´s in other folders, but I dont´t have the urge to try them, because I am very lucky at the moment.

I can load wav IRs using cablab lite correct? I seem to recall doing that before with a preset I downloaded. For that REV pack, is Ultrares an option or are they all standard length? I really don’t understand how IRs work but they have a massive impact on tone. Like everyone here I’m always looking for a better tone. And I don’t think I’ll ever be done looking lol.

Back
Top Bottom