Thanks Jon - I hated at home recording with headphones - I prefere it loud and moving air, but now it's realy easy. It sounds just great even on my headphones and I believe they are not bad. It's Sennheiser HD 383 pro and cost me over 100 EUR. :)

The heavy distorted rhythm guitars in this song were done with the Recto V70B, so this will give a good idea of how those IR's sound with down tuned rock!

(for all the other parts I used different 412 Recto speaker options which are all available at thw OwnHammer website...)

Huge sound Jon - is this a kind of tape behind the nut to stop the string making strange sounds. My low E-string does - maybe I should do something like this? ;)

Huge sound Jon - is this a kind of tape behind the nut to stop the string making strange sounds. My low E-string does - maybe I should do something like this? ;)
It's called sympathetic string vibration. I used to use foam behind the nut on my guitars, but upgraded to Gruv Gear FretWraps. Lately, I've been thinking about trying out the Jimmy Clip. Certain guitars of mine are so bad that it absolutely has to be dampened with something.

It's called sympathetic string vibration. I used to use foam behind the nut on my guitars, but upgraded to Gruv Gear FretWraps. Lately, I've been thinking about trying out the Jimmy Clip. Certain guitars of mine are so bad that it absolutely has to be dampened with something.

Thanks for the info - I'll have to do something with my low E string - if I hit the empty string it sounds out of ballance.

Yeah what he said, just to remove any sympathetic ringing!

By the way guys, isn't that Recto V70 insanely good?
I can't stop using it, it just sounds sooo good.
I'd really love to hear some more clips from you guys as it can be very inspiring and refreshing to see how other people make the same 'gear' sound with their own musical input.

Yeah what he said, just to remove any sympathetic ringing!

By the way guys, isn't that Recto V70 insanely good?
I can't stop using it, it just sounds sooo good.
I'd really love to hear some more clips from you guys as it can be very inspiring and refreshing to see how other people make the same 'gear' sound with their own musical input.

Yes in deed very good - I use the V70 Smooth - is brilliant for my lead sounds. ;) I don't use Rhythm sounds, I'm old school and just turn down the volume knob on the guitar if nessesary :cool:

I caved and bought this pack yesterday. I already owned several OH sets including the California Duo, Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb, and Marshall EV-L. There's some overlap, but I actually like the Core Tone quite a bit.

I now have several V30 cabs and the Recto OS in the CT bundle seems the most balanced to me. The free Mesa slant cab is much brighter without as much low end and the standard Mesa in the Cali Duo bundle is a little darker and smoother.

Initially I thought the Cali Duo bundle would cover the 2x12 stuff for Voxes and what not but I never end up liking the results. I've preferred the Deluxe Reverb V30 for just about every class A type sound, it's just fantastic. The Mesa 2x12 seems too dark/smooth and the low end is kind of chopped off. The Vox 2x12 with the Blue speaker has a much fuller deeper low end while still being fairly smooth. I actually got a great result running a stereo cab of the Vox 2x12 Blue along with the Deluxe V30.

The Deluxe Fane is interesting compared to the other two previous speakers. The Deluxe C12R has that scooped Fender sound while the V30 is fuller sounding with that little punchy high midrange which is the signature for that speaker. The Fane seems a little darker than either of them but still again full sounding and not muffled. I think it's absolutely perfect for the Tweed Deluxe sounds.

I didn't spend as much time with the Marshall. I had been planning to buy the checker 4x12 H30/M25 set (and still probably will). Compared to the new stock 57 (4x12 with 55Hz M25 I think), the Core didn't have that same smooth/pushed sound, it seemed a little brighter overall. I think it may have been a touch brighter or more scooped than the Mesa cab with Cali Duo set.

Overall, it's a fantastic set and if I started with this one I probably would be very happy. I don't think I'll ever use any of the Cali Duo cabs anymore to be honest.

My favorite IR's overall:

1. Deluxe Reverb V30 - perfect for all Class A amps
2. Mesa OS V30 - perfect for high gain
3. Marshall 4x12 55Hz M25 (factory 57) - perfect for bright vintage Marshalls

After those, the other two Deluxe speakers (C12R and Fane), Vox 2x12 Blue, and Super Reverb 10" are great options.

Side note, any chance of a stripped down bass cab IR?

I did a A/B check and the new one sounds more full and warm - you can hear the difference straight away.
My curiosity got the best of me and I pulled the trigger on the Fane AXA. I definitely agree that compared to the Fane 125155, the AXA is more full-bodied. It's not a huge difference, but enough to warm up my Telecaster while using the Double Verb amp model. I was hoping that it would shave off some of the top-end (because my Tele's bridge pickup is a bit bright), but it just adds bottom-end to what the Fane 125155 offers. Any speaker suggestions for taming a bright Telecaster?

Well I haven't got a Tele, but what I do is in the Dynamics page of the amp block I've started to use Preamp Comp settings: Out Comp Amount between 2-3; Out Comp Threshold -22-26 and Out Comp Clarity on 10. Perhabs this might help a bit - also try some tweaking with the knobs: Preamp CF Compress and Preamp CF Hardness.....

OH v70B mesa - wow wow wow just went through them. The OH1 and 1F/2F mixes are out of this world. You know I dont just say this as Ive been disappointed by many cab packs, these particular mixes chunk, hit clear highs and lows, arent over scooped. HOLY GRAIL type cabs. HIGH GAIN of course.

OH v70B mesa - wow wow wow just went through them. The OH1 and 1F/2F mixes are out of this world. You know I dont just say this as Ive been disappointed by many cab packs, these particular mixes chunk, hit clear highs and lows, arent over scooped. HOLY GRAIL type cabs. HIGH GAIN of course.

I couldn't agree more!!

Thanks man! Very similar experiences over here as well, and what I've seen of user feedback in the limited amount of time I have peeked my head out of my cave the last month. :p Super stoked everyone is digging that one so much! :)

Reactions: DTS
Back
Top Bottom