Ownhammer Cab question

spv

Inspired
I am using some of the Ownhammer Ultra Res mixes from Cab Pack 3. These are excellent. Do these IRs make the AxeFX "Mic" settings redundant? Given that they are mixture of various different mics, it seems like adding another mic is redundant, and therefore "none" is the right mic setting. On the other hand, the mics do add interesting color. I'm interested in what other users do here.

Thanks!

The intended use would likely be No Mic.

However, there are no rules and if using a Mic type works for you, then go for it!

Using the Null Mic option allows you to use proximity effect, if you wanted to, without any other colouring taking place
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: spv
Shoot me if im wrong, but the cabs are already done with a mic of choice, so there's not really a need for mic simulation, unless you find it interesting, then do it. :)

Shoot me if im wrong, but the cabs are already done with a mic of choice, so there's not really a need for mic simulation, unless you find it interesting, then do it. :)

Correct...the OH IRs from Cab Pack 3 have the mics baked in to the IR so best bet...IMO...is to use NONE or NULL (which allows you to play with proximity effect in that block). The factory OH cabs built in to the FW are meant to add the mic sims in the AxeFX. They were captured with a reference mic, I believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom