good, buy the go OwnHammer Basketweave GNR, I see that it is super complete and I would never finish listening to them all for time, I wanted to know which ones you use, in a summarized way, which I am advised to use, Core Mixes Quick-Start or Player, or any special

Attachments

• Boceto.png
    Boceto.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 28
good, buy the go OwnHammer Basketweave GNR, I see that it is super complete and I would never finish listening to them all for time, I wanted to know which ones you use, in a summarized way, which I am advised to use, Core Mixes Quick-Start or Player, or any special
I would suggest the quick-start folder. Load up the sm57, OH1 an SP2 files from that folder and see what you think. Start with the GNR and MED versions.

You can branch out from there, but those files should give you a nice starting point.

This is of course just my opinion:)

Can anyone share how it works with low gain clean and overdrive?
With those demo I know it does pretty well on Rock, but I mostly play in low gain clean and overdrive with marshall plexi and jcm800, hope you can share the experience, thanks!

Can anyone share how it works with low gain clean and overdrive?
With those demo I know it does pretty well on Rock, but I mostly play in low gain clean and overdrive with marshall plexi and jcm800, hope you can share the experience, thanks!

I'll try and do some recordings at some point, but it works really well. I played two hours last night with it, mostly using either the Plexi 2204 with low gain or with the JTM45 set mostly clean. I really like the GNR SP2 and OH1F from the Quick Start right now, as well as the Player Pack Warm.

It's a balanced set of IR's with a TON of options. If you want to deep dive on 100 different microphones, you can do that. If you want a handful of selections, you can do that as well. There are more microphone mixes than any other Ownhammer pack and there is also an entire Player Pack format folder just like the Fractal releases. Honestly, if Kevin could release a similar format for the 1x12 Deluxe Reverb with Fane speaker, I could probably use those two and nothing else.

My plan right now is to basically use two presets (one for single coils and one for humbuckers) 99% of the time using an impulse from this pack for both. Both will have the same amps and effects but different gain/level/EQ. I'm using a JTM45 for clean to pushed tones and the Friedman 2018 for crunch to high gain. Sounds amazing.

Last edited:
I'll try and do some recordings at some point, but it works really well. I played two hours last night with it, mostly using either the Plexi 2204 with low gain or with the JTM45 set mostly clean. I really like the GNR SP2 and OH1F from the Quick Start right now, as well as the Player Pack Warm.

It's a balanced set of IR's with a TON of options. If you want to deep dive on 100 different microphones, you can do that. If you want a handful of selections, you can do that as well. There are more microphone mixes than any other Ownhammer pack and there is also an entire Player Pack format folder just like the Fractal releases. Honestly, if Kevin could release a similar format for the 1x12 Deluxe Reverb with Fane speaker, I could probably use those two and nothing else.

My plan right now is to basically use two presets (one for single coils and one for humbuckers) 99% of the time using an impulse from this pack for both. Both will have the same amps and effects but different gain/level/EQ. I'm using a JTM45 for clean to pushed tones and the Friedman 2018 for crunch to high gain. Sounds amazing.

Very excited about your demo!!!! Please share when you are done!! I also use the 2204 BTW, it's a very pleasant amp!

Last edited:
Man, my love for the GNR is just endless!
Made a new demo with my Telecaster into a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 through the Fractal LB-2 X-Load.
Sounds pretty nice!

Which voicings do you guys use mostly? GNR, MED or RAW?

what an awesome riff Jon! I use mainly the MED. ;)

Hi Guys I would assume you use cab-lite to convert these to get into AXE III ? these are wav files only thanks much

I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I already own all of the York pacs and some others. I can’t decide if I want to try the GNR or the Evolution? I am looking for mostly classic rock marshally and fendery type sounds. 😎

Last edited:
I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I already own all of the York pa cos and some others. I can’t decide if I want to try the GNR or the Evolution? I am looking for mostly classic rock marshally and fendery type sounds. 😎
Cant remember look into it evolution may have GNR in it all ready so more bang for the buck

I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I already own all of the York pacs and some others. I can’t decide if I want to try the GNR or the Evolution? I am looking for mostly classic rock marshally and fendery type sounds. 😎

Hold on post a pic of both packages - thanks

It appears they are in-fact different - buy both :) they sound great but highly recommend the Mikko GNR also

Back
Top Bottom