OwnHammer AMPG BASS Multi-Speaker Collection

I give a massive thank you for doing this, Kevin.

I purchased this and am really stoked about the possible sounds these ir's give. There are soooo many tonal palette many options.

I love the variety and all the mic choices. My favorite mics are MA-200, UMT70S and M88 blended with the subs. It all sounds really fantastic and IMO the best bass cab pack released to date.

Thank you Kevin for doing this. I downloaded this pack and all I can say is that my EQ-ing days for bass are over. Basic bass, mid, treble, presence, bright switch are all I need to tweak from now on.

Excellent. I was wondering what all happened to the bass IRs that were being developed.

:encouragement:
?

Just wanted to start a public Question/Answer thread in the event anybody has anything to say or may be curious to some of the features of the AMPG BASS Multi-Speaker Collection, as there are some unique things going on. I'll do my best to be prompt in response. :)

Correct, if you go the CUT route, it is the neutral tube amp, the MA-200, MD421, and M160 on a certain part of the speaker, and the EQ curve suits the intended use of those files (humbuckers, picks, heavier music, YMMV). If you go the FAT route, it is the neutral solid state amp, the UMT70S, M88, and R121 on a different part of the speaker, and the EQ curve suits the intended use of those files (single coils, finger playing, lighter to middle of the road music, YMMV).

Not only were those the way I tested them, but I have heard some recordings from the beta testers and without even putting that in their heads those things were exactly what happened. The guys with the J/P basses doing alternative rock and lighter stuff gravitated toward the 'FAT MIX EQ' files, the guys with the humbuckers and detuned heavy music went straight for the 'CUT MIX EQ' files, and did so unanimously and unbeknownst to one another.

Kent - Availability primarily. Despite the 'necessary evil', required utility nature of the files I am quite skeptical of the prospective return on bass cabinet content. As such, investing in purchasing a fridge is not something I am currently interested in entertaining unless this library blows the doors off of my ROI expectations. I've not known anyone personally to own one in over a decade, and flipping it locally would likely prove difficult. However, if anyone in the Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, or Louisville areas has one they would let me borrow for a few days, I'd be happy to add it to the group! :)

WatersDeep - I own an American Jazz Plus, I still personally prefer CUT for the heavier stuff with it!

So how about those playing J basses for heavy stuff :) Sorta puts me smack between these.

1280290-question_mark_block_fool_an.jpg

Just wanted to start a public Question/Answer thread in the event anybody has anything to say or may be curious to some of the features of the AMPG BASS Multi-Speaker Collection, as there are some unique things going on. I'll do my best to be prompt in response. :)

Hey Kevin, Yesterday I ordered the collocation for my brother, He's got Yamaha TRB-6PII 6 string bass with humbuckers pickups, he plays with fingers and strong touch in Progressive Metal!
First of all, all-in-all I'd like to know and have your input about what your IR recommendation are?
second of all in more details the things which is really important for him is about slap and popping situations what is your type in this case or fast playing, heavy riffs, tapping, solo? It can be awesome to have your opinion, as well?
by the way, I guess I was the last one to purchase this collection 15 bucks before increasing to 29$ ! lucky man ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Just bought these. I struggle with getting bass tones so I love the idea of a EQ version that gets rid of common problem frequencies. I love all Kevins stuff though so Im pretty biased haha.

Hello to all

I'm an Axe-FX Newbie, just bought the Device and blown away by the possibilites it delievers. I have some questions concerning this pack:

- as the IR's are only provided as .wav files, it's necessary to buy Cablab to convert them to syx?
- which amp model you recommend for these IR's?

Thanks in advance

If you own an axe fx. I would get Cab-Lab also. Here you can mix ir .. and convert wav files,to syx and IR files

As for bass amps.. i love the Citrus 200 model (with bright swich ON)
But i like the SVT and Fas also. But to me the ir is the secret ;)

SeeD,

I really liked your sounds on that!

Do you have a preset for the bass you can share?

Also, is the guitar an AxeFX as well (and something you can share)?

I know you can't share the IR, which I'd get from Ownhammer.

Thanks!
Brandon

Back
Top Bottom