IRs OwnHammer 412 ZLCS V30 Massively Multi-Mic Collection

Third-party impulse response pack

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Happy Holidays!

Now available from OwnHammer is the 412 ZLCS V30 Massively Multi-Mic Collection! Similarly featured to the smash hit 412 MRBW GNR M25, this monster of a library is based on and seeking to recreate the sound of a mighty, custom spec Zilla 4x12 cabinet loaded with 1999 made in England Celestion V30's, both pictured below:

This quad of V30's has a few special places in my heart, and deserves a little exposition. Firstly, these were the speakers that were stock in the first 4x12 cabinet that I bought when I was 17. They were with with me singularly and served me well all the years I played in bands, being the voice of my expression and through many wonderful life experiences. They were with me when I started writing music, and are still among my favorite speakers I own today; and I have come to own a great many since I picked them up from Centerville Music all these years ago. Secondly, these were not only among the first 3 products I launched with the public debut of OwnHammer on October 15, 2010, but they were the standout product in that first batch and caught fire with the (much smaller at the time) impulse response market thanks not only to their clear and articulate sound, but the fantastic song by Zorran Mendonsa demonstrating their use in a recording (using an Axe-Fx I!). It has been a while since these stellar drivers have been included in an IR library, and that is because I wanted them to come back with a vengeance in a very special cab and a very special library. This is most certainly one deserving of such a re-introduction!

This MMMC offers up 40 mics captured across 3 cabinet grill cloth configurations - cane basketweave, small cane, and no grill - and bolster a few new features compared to the last MMMC offering. 3 new ribbon mics (R84, R4038, and R6203) and 4 new mix types (HARD, METAL, OLDE, and SOFT) join the fold and add even more versatility to this industry leading feature set. From classic rock to metal to modern progressive and all assortments of music styles, this is sure to be a bar-setting #1 go to for many a guitarist and music production professional for a very, very long time. Kicking off the official demonstration tracks is the aptly entitled "Reprisal", by Jon Symons (using an Axe-Fx III!):

You can join the fun and pick up your copy today at:

ownhammer.com/412-zlcs-v30-mmmc

Enjoy, and from us at OwnHammer we want to thank you all for your support and encouragement, and hope you have a great rest of your 2018!

OH-XMAS-2018_600.jpg

All the best,
Kevin
OwnHammer.com

Last edited:
Just curious what tones are we talking here--does this run the gamut ie, marshall to mesa, evh, engl to diesel. Dark or bright deep or thin etc. I have so many IR's, do these reach 'new' sonic territory?

Kevin, this is so wonderful! I can't wait to try the new ribbons and the Olde/Soft mixes. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Happy Holidays to you as well, and hope you and yours have a great New Year! Hope you dig the new content, the new ribbons have a very cool vibe to each of them. There's definitely something to be said for the gentle realism of a ribbon, and I was super happy with how all of them came out, especially that 1940's RCA! Those mics and new mixes surrounding them most certainly add here, and I think will be even more valuable in all the upcoming combo amp libraries on the horizon. :)

Just curious what tones are we talking here--does this run the gamut ie, marshall to mesa, evh, engl to diesel. Dark or bright deep or thin etc. I have so many IR's, do these reach 'new' sonic territory?

Not only new territory, but the top of the selection pool, in my opinion. The Massively Multi-Mic Libraries are going to be, in a way, a placeholder for my elites/ultimates/best-of-the-best. If something makes it to that subcategory, it's something special that I want a spotlight on at the top of the website. Moving forward with new developments, this area will get the pick of the litter of the speakers I throw at a given cabinet. All of these mics and subsequent mixes create EXTREME amounts of versatility, flexibility, and variety; and what a better way to capture and catalog the history of musical equipment than with the kitchen sink of transduction devices?! That amount of options, at that ridiculous price point (not even counting any Frequency Discount one may have accrued), with the cabs and speakers that will be there, coming from OwnHammer - if anything in the MMMC section is even of remote interest, it should be a no-brainer, no-questions-asked instant buy, and is my intention with this grouping of IR libraries. :)

Regarding this specific product, within the realm of being an oversized 4x12 Vintage 30 library, the sound is what you make it with the provided grill, mic, mix, and placement options. It can be everything you mentioned depending on that. I would say comparing the same mic mix to other libraries as a direct comparison of the cab and speaker on tap, this cab is chunky and full but tight and moderately forward (but not brittle or fatiguing in the least) sounding with this speaker quad. Very lush, organic, and detailed midrange is something special I would say that is a definitive characteristic, and I think all of this comes out well in Jon's 'Reprisal' demo. It is it's own thing, but if bringing in other brands' signature sounds for comparison paints a better picture, I suppose I would say that in no particular order of significance this could have elements of a Sunn, Diezel, Mesa, Orange, and Marshall cab all smashed into one. The clear top of the Sunn/Diezel, the authority and tightness of the Mesa, the low mid chunk of the Orange, and the slight sag of the Marshall. That's a very crude subjective analogy, but the best I can come up with for now. :p

- Kevin

This is one of my eight primary gigging and practice patches on my AX8. The amp block has a few changes under the hood and levels may need adjusting for your setup. I'm using this with an archtop hollowbody and flatwounds. Some may consider it sacrilege to pair an ODS with anything other than EVs but dang! It sounds fantastic with this pack.

A few notes:
My favorites at the moment are the ZLCS CIWI, D201, R84, R313, R4038, OLDE, and SOFT quick starts.
CS1 is bright switch, CS2 is reverb sample and hold.
Scenes 2-8 were carried over from a forum user's Hipower patch. I don't use them and they aren't levelled.

Attachments

• Claire's ODS Clean Mod.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
This is one of my eight primary gigging and practice patches on my AX8. The amp block has a few changes under the hood and levels may need adjusting for your setup. I'm using this with an archtop hollowbody and flatwounds. Some may consider it sacrilege to pair an ODS with anything other than EVs but dang! It sounds fantastic with this pack.

A few notes:
My favorites at the moment are the ZLCS CIWI, D201, R84, R313, R4038, OLDE, and SOFT quick starts.
CS1 is bright switch, CS2 is reverb sample and hold.
Scenes 2-8 were carried over from a forum user's Hipower patch. I don't use them and they aren't levelled.

As per the old adage, "if it sounds good, it IS good!". :)

Thanks for posting this, I'm not sure if I can load up AX8 patches on my III, but if so, I'll give this a shot this weekend! What pickups were you using that worked here?

On the topic of the lower-ish gain end of things using these IR's in Fractal patches, Jon just published a track featuring this cab in a not hard rock, not metal context using a tube screamer model into the Deluxe Verb Vibrato model to display the versatility on tap, going through the newly added 1940's RCA ribbon mic (R6203). Hope you guys dig it!

- Kevin

Thanks very much! Have some things I'll be working on that will require such a patch for testing and possible media demonstration creation, will definitely check that out! :)

- K

Here's another demo, this time another heavy one!
It's a Schecter KM6 MKII through a Peavey 6505 MH tube head through the Fractal Audio LB-2 loadbox.
The ZLBW voicing was used and the 'Metal-05' mix IR.

-Jon

Just needed to write back to say I have found everything I need for my sound in this pack between the ribbons, the D201, and the ribbon mixes. Home frickin run

Here's another clip of the 412 ZLCS V30, this time using the METAL-05 mix!
It's my ENGL Fireball 100 through the Fractal LB-2 and Axe Fx III:

Back
Top Bottom