OwnHammer 412 FMAN 6-pack

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor

Available now from OwnHammer.com is the 412 FMAN! Based on the 4x12 from this legendary amp maker and modder for the stars, this pack is centered around the pinnacle of sound for hot-rodded British tones. The 6-Pack bundle library utilizes pairs of the most popular speakers for this application - the M25 and V30 - and provisions specimens from a wide range of eras of manufacturing. Many, many extras are included for the 6-Pack bundle for this library on top of the usual feature set. M25B, V30B, and derivative pairs blend all M25 and V30 types into pre-made files, as well and most notably the M25V and V93 speakers are provided in Extended Microphone Collection (EMC) format as a 6-Pack only feature. The EMC add-ons bring much of what is found in the virally successful Basketweave GNR library series in the form of many additional mics and mixes. In the 6-Pack, there is an additional "MIX" speaker type option that blends the M25V and V93 for the full EMC feature set. To round it all off, an exclusive "SHRED" mix has been added to the lot. Blissful tones abound in this staple release from OwnHammer, which you can pick up at:

ownhammer.com/412-fman

Enjoy!

To those who have tried this cab, how does it compare to other cabs with the same speaker(s)?

Not that I need any other cabs, but I'm always curious..

To those who have tried this cab, how does it compare to other cabs with the same speaker(s)?

Not that I need any other cabs, but I'm always curious..

Since V30's and Greens have been captured to death by everyone there's definitely some overlap, but my initial thoughts are that it's a very good pack. It definitely highlights why so many people desire older speakers as in this pack, the "V" models (pre-Rola greenie & 1988 V30's) are the standouts. Only thing missing for me is that unlike the previous Basketweave pack, there aren't any pre-mixed combos with the EMC mics say, for instance, a SM58 mixed with a R121 (my personal fave). If I'm wrong and they do exist, someone please correct me. All the normal mixes are there: OH1, MODERN etc... but I really liked the unusual mixes from the last pack. I have Cab Lab so I guess I can just mix them myself but the ready-made mixes were so handy.

I definitely recommend the pack overall. It's only $30 which is crazy cheap for what you get. As mentioned above, the vintage versions of the two speakers are worth the price of admission alone.

I already have the Basketweave set, and to be honest that combined with the III Factory IRs was all I expected I'd ever use.

Seeing the speakers and price ($29!), I thought why not? Will be a bit of fun.

Completely blown away with the V30V IRs, my experience with the III continues - you think you've got the best sound ever then something comes along and boom! Better again.

The V30V with the Jubilee takes me right back to the original I had in 87 in a way I never expected, and works equally well with the SLP, switching to the Greenbacks - spot on!

Amazing value for money

These days I don't go through all IRs in a pack anymore. I know what I like. When I find something I really like, I don't go on an endless search to maybe find one that's even better. Efficient, saves time, and brings peace of mind. I also prefer single mic IRs these days.

So I selected the M160 IR (my favorite mic) from Mix > Quickstart, and I was done. Sounds fantastic.

The "Mix" IRs in this library are a mix of great-sounding G12Ms and V30s, just like many Friedman cabs contain in real.

These days I don't go through all IRs in a pack anymore. I know what I like. When I find something I really like, I don't go on an endless search to maybe find one that's even better. Efficient, saves time, and brings peace of mind. I also prefer single mic IRs these days.

So I selected the M160 IR (my favorite mic) from Mix > Quickstart, and I was done. Sounds fantastic.

The "Mix" IRs in this library are a mix of great-sounding G12Ms and V30s, just like many Friedman cabs contain in real.

I feel ya!
For me it's the OH1 mix these days although I do stray from that from time to time.
That's primarily for recording though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom