OwnHammer 412 FMAN 6-pack

These days I don't go through all IRs in a pack anymore. I know what I like. When I find something I really like, I don't go on an endless search to maybe find one that's even better. Efficient, saves time, and brings peace of mind. I also prefer single mic IRs these days.

So I selected the M160 IR (my favorite mic) from Mix > Quickstart, and I was done. Sounds fantastic.

The "Mix" IRs in this library are a mix of great-sounding G12Ms and V30s, just like many Friedman cabs contain in real.

Contradicting my own post above, I ran though all IRs in QuickStart. My favorites:

R160
D57D
D7B
D421V
R121
D906
C87
R313
OH1
OH1F
Shred
RIP

Contradicting my own post above, I ran though all IRs in QuickStart. My favorites:

R160
D57D
D7B
D421V
R121
D906
C87
R313
OH1
OH1F
Shred
RIP

From the 'MIX' speaker option?
Definitely going to check those out!

Bought a few days ago and absolutely love them.

I also didn’t think with all the pre-installed IRs on the III I would be looking for cabs. But at the price (plus the discount you get if you’ve been a frequent customer) it seemed like a no brainer.

Glad I did !

I didn't even bother with the Quick Start...I loaded up the summary folder. I feel there's enough variety in there to replace all my Marshalls, Mesas, Orange, etc. The tonality is great and the variety from vintage to modern and blended speakers covers everything.

Honestly, this pack along with the Deluxe Fane and Vox Alnico Blue from the Core Tone pack should cover everything I'd want to do.

Probably a silly question, but which exact speakers came in the Friedman cab? So if I do buy just those I know which is which.

Probably a silly question, but which exact speakers came in the Friedman cab? So if I do buy just those I know which is which.
My assumption would be the V30M and the M25M.

I highly recommend the V30V and M25V though because they have that much more broken in tone to them. Not to mention the V93 is a great alternative tone for the V30 since it is a Mesa V30. I personally bought the whole pack because I liked the variation and Since I wanted all the older model speakers, it just made sense.

I quoted the wrong reply, but the point is the same, can someone let us know if within this pack there is something DIFFERENT, for high gainers. Ive still not stumbled on the clarity, the volume, the broad spectrum ive been after.

Last edited:
My IRs have a delay at the beginning.

OH-cabs.png

I am using the WAV files from the Fractal folder.

I send them to the Axe-FX III using Axe-Manage Cabs browser.

At Axe-Edit III I have selected the option "Auto Trim" on Cabinet Import preferences, but that doesn't remove the delay.

How can I sort this out?

Back
Top Bottom