Thanks! I did the last of the three clips here. The next library I put out I'll be doing all the clips for it though, I think. Working on those currently, one of three demo tracks for that one in the bag so far. Trying to shake off the rust! :)

Sounds great :)

One thing - on the website, your write that you recorded a "Vintage Telefunken MD421". Shouldn't it be Sennheiser?

Can u share what amp and if it's one of your mixes ? Thanks it sounds awesome

Thank you for the encouragement! The first clip is a tele using the Deluxe Verb Nrm. Clean on the left, and the right is the same amp but with a T808 in front of it. Both of those guitars were done using the C12R OH1-07 Mix from the Quick Start folder. The second clip was done using a Hagstrom Super Viking with the Hot Kitty model panned left and right. The high octave guitar was the Super Verb Vib. All of the guitars on the second clip featured the P12R OH1-07 Mix from the Quick Start folder.

I'm not sure what Kevin used for the third clip, but my guess would be the Deluxe Verb Nrm.

One thing - on the website, your write that you recorded a "Vintage Telefunken MD421". Shouldn't it be Sennheiser?

The 421 Kevin uses is a vintage Telefunken (the white one). Sennheiser makes them now, but they sound drastically different. The vintage ones are fatter with a smoother top end, and the modern production ones (black) have a much more aggressive top end. He has both versions, but the vintage Telefunken 421 always wins the shootout. It really sounds great with this particular cab.

How old does a 421 have to be, before it is Telefunken? I have an MD421N from 1965 which is still Sennheiser (it is white as well)
Just curious

How old does a 421 have to be, before it is Telefunken? I have an MD421N from 1965 which is still Sennheiser (it is white as well)
Just curious

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure which years Telefunkin made the 421. I don't doubt this Sennheiser made a white one, but I bet you could google it to find an accurate answer. Kevin is very OCD about his gear, so if he says it's a Telefunkin, I'm sure it is. It would be interesting to see what you find out.

It's always a pleasure to ear yours clips! They sound so tasty and balanced...really an excellent work!
And you're very kind for the specifications as well ;)

Thanks very much guys! :)

Can u share what amp and if it's one of your mixes ? Thanks it sounds awesome

Thanks to Justin for the info on the first two clips! The third clip was a dual parallel amp setup - Deluxe Verb Nrm and Class-A 30W TB.

Thanks!

TF421.jpg

Just curious

Back then both Sennheiser and Telefunken made them, mine is an "MD421/5" with the tuchel connector.

It's always a pleasure to ear yours clips! They sound so tasty and balanced...really an excellent work!
And you're very kind for the specifications as well ;)

Thanks a lot, Coby. I'll admit, country is a little outside of my wheelhouse, so I was a little nervous about releasing those clips, but Kevin really liked them and I'm glad you do too.

Thanks very much guys! :)

Thanks to Justin for the info on the first two clips! The third clip was a dual parallel amp setup - Deluxe Verb Nrm and Class-A 30W TB.

Thanks!

TF421.jpg

Back then both Sennheiser and Telefunken made them, mine is an "MD421/5" with the tuchel connector.
Cool - then I learned something new today - Thanks for the info. Honestly, I never knew Telefunken made 421s.

Very welcome! I'm not sure the circumstances of their OEM production, be it that they were helping Sennheiser meet manufacturing demand, or something else; just know I really dig that mic on guitar cab. :)

Back
Top Bottom