Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the tones. Justin really knocked it out of the park with his clips here. Such an amazingly talented guy! :)

Excuse my OT, but, If I can ask, what IR's and amp's sim were you using Kevin in the recording of the two clips at this link?

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=160&products_id=367

If you can say It and if you remember obviously! :)
Thanks so much!

Those two clips were done by the also incredibly talented Jon Symons , who detailed the chains used in this thread:

Ownhammer MES-Trad 4x12 V30 clippage!

Hope that helps!

How old does a 421 have to be, before it is Telefunken? I have an MD421N from 1965 which is still Sennheiser (it is white as well)
Just curious

I'm not sure when they changed over, but the Telefunkens are clearly marked Telefunken, so you'll not be mistaken if you have it in your hands or see a pic of it.

EDIT : Kevin beat me to it with a pic of the Telefunken

Kevin It's possible to know the Low Res Freq of the various cabs?
I'm asking because I have different packs (Engl, Bogner and Diezel V3, Mesa TR V4, JY pack) and I find it a really usefull parameter to find the "right" sound when matching to different amps.
Thank you so much!

Kevin It's possible to know the Low Res Freq of the various cabs?
I'm asking because I have different packs (Engl, Bogner and Diezel V3, Mesa TR V4, JY pack) and I find it a really usefull parameter to find the "right" sound when matching to different amps.
Thank you so much!

If you acquire a frequency analyzer you could look at the plot. The one I use is "VST Analyser", but it looks like the developer took it down and is currently attempting to crowdfund a sequel. I believe aomDSP had a frequency plot function as well. In any case, if you load up IR's into something of that nature, you can look for the low resonance peak. It will change from speaker to speaker and cab to cab. Easiest and most effective thing to do in my opinion is just to turn the knobs til it sounds good, sometimes going on visuals alone may not yield results that fit the rest of the sound sources or the context of the guitar tone within its application. All personal opinion, of course. Hope that helps! :)

Thank you for the encouragement! The first clip is a tele using the Deluxe Verb Nrm. Clean on the left, and the right is the same amp but with a T808 in front of it. Both of those guitars were done using the C12R OH1-07 Mix from the Quick Start folder. The second clip was done using a Hagstrom Super Viking with the Hot Kitty model panned left and right. The high octave guitar was the Super Verb Vib. All of the guitars on the second clip featured the P12R OH1-07 Mix from the Quick Start folder.

I'm not sure what Kevin used for the third clip, but my guess would be the Deluxe Verb Nrm.

I'm sure if you want to go ahead and post your presets it would be ok with everyone in the group..... ya know, just if you were worried we wouldn't want them.

I have spent a lot of time with these IRs and the Deluxe Tweed. Went down the rabbit hole and set up a looper and did a lot of head to head shoot outs. These are just the damn best - clarity, grind, sparkle...no flub. Very happy. Probably going to need to get the V4 Marshall pack now.

If you acquire a frequency analyzer you could look at the plot. The one I use is "VST Analyser", but it looks like the developer took it down and is currently attempting to crowdfund a sequel. I believe aomDSP had a frequency plot function as well. In any case, if you load up IR's into something of that nature, you can look for the low resonance peak. It will change from speaker to speaker and cab to cab. Easiest and most effective thing to do in my opinion is just to turn the knobs til it sounds good, sometimes going on visuals alone may not yield results that fit the rest of the sound sources or the context of the guitar tone within its application. All personal opinion, of course. Hope that helps! :)

Could you tell me which collections on your site are the new V4 format?

I have spent a lot of time with these IRs and the Deluxe Tweed. Went down the rabbit hole and set up a looper and did a lot of head to head shoot outs. These are just the damn best - clarity, grind, sparkle...no flub. Very happy. Probably going to need to get the V4 Marshall pack now.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're digging them! On the topic of the Marshalls, in addition to the Marsh-UK MCC, I am actually about to drop a single cab library featuring speakers I've never ever shot before. The library has actually been done and sitting on the website since the second week of December, but I had other projects interrupt the demo clip process which I am just about done with now. Just a friendly heads up to keep an eye out for that one if you're into that sound and hardware type, it's gonna be a tone monster. :)

Could you tell me which collections on your site are the new V4 format?

Sure thing. Everything on the site that is single cabs with either a dual speaker set, or labeled as a single speaker expansion is tit for tat V4. The other libraries either vary in feature set, or are a slightly older but very relevant core sampling methodology. Many more details can be found in THIS POST.

When I launch this next library, I'll make a V4 thread in the User Cabs section to help centralize information for everyone. :)

Yea, it sucks that Kevin is taking all of our money ;)... thanks for this and other great products that make me sound sooooo good!

Hey all...I'd like to purchase this IR, but I noticed it mentions only 'wav' files. I don't have I have cab lab, but a really early version of it. Do I have to convert every file for the Axe Fx to use it? Or will the axe take it as is?

Hey all...I'd like to purchase this IR, but I noticed it mentions only 'wav' files. I don't have I have cab lab, but a really early version of it. Do I have to convert every file for the Axe Fx to use it? Or will the axe take it as is?
Never Mind...I just bought it and noticed the Axe file.

FAS hardware units require .syx format files for submission, my recommendation if your older version of Cab Lab isn't producing a functional output would be to use Cab Lab 3 Lite, provided for free by Fractal Audio Systems at the bottom of this page. In this case, I'd recommend converting the Quick Start contents, it will take less than a minute to do. If you use convolution reverb for loading the IR in a recording environment, anything will work with the provided .wav format files. :)

Different/new sampling methodology. Ton more mics, mic positions, and mixes. Addition of the C12R, as well as files that combine captures from multiple speakers in various fashions.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom