Own Hammer - Mix IR's Mix Bundles - Modern/Vintage

not interested in getting into an argument over this, but UltraRes is FAS's technology. I think they're giving a lot away for free already and might as well made UltraRes only available to the XL...

The ultrares for the axe 2 is very generous of fractal. Most companies with a new product on the horizon would only allow new developments on the latest hardware to make more sales. Thanks for not being the normal company after the almighty $

However, it would seem the new Fractal package is a couple of dollars more than OH.

And I've already bought the OH Modern pack. I guess I'll have to wait for OH. Will the UltraRes be the same price, or upgrade price?

My understanding from posts on this forum is Kevin will provide .wav files long enough for UltraRes conversion.

Then it's up to us to buy CabLab and do the conversion to .syx for loading into the AxeFx II ourselves.

However, it would seem the new Fractal package is a couple of dollars more than OH.

And I've already bought the OH Modern pack. I guess I'll have to wait for OH. Will the UltraRes be the same price, or upgrade price?

Maybe I've misunderstood this, but won't you be able simply to convert the OH wav files you already have to UR once Cab-Lab is updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I borght every pack from Ownhammer ... I wish Ownhammer will put an UltraRes update in his site, maybe with a little payment ... The Cab 3 pack is just fine if I 've not bought the OH yet.... But "sadly " I did it

Same here just bought OH 4x12 modern/vintage.. damn
Now I have to rebuy the pack

... I thought there'll be an update for ultrares from what I read, otherwise I would have wait a couple of weeks

I too just bought the new OH irs. It sounds like we might be able to convert those to Ultra-Res with the new Cab-Lab that's coming out next week maybe, but I'm not sure...... Lots involved here but new Ultra res sounds great!

I think you would have to go back and download the wave file of your irs???? And then use cab lab to convert the wav file to ultra res

Last edited:
I'm sure UltraRes will become available directly from the OH site, I think I read something about it from Kevin. They just aren't there in the OH store yet. At least as far as I can see.

Which is odd because Fractal does have them.

The OH site is out of touch in a few more spots, like "news". I assume he's too busy to keep it up, which I totally understand.

I hope he'll send a shout out when he has them ready.

I'm sure UltraRes will become available directly from the OH site, I think I read something about it from Kevin. They just aren't there in the OH store yet. At least as far as I can see.

Which is odd because Fractal does have them.

The OH site is out of touch in a few more spots, like "news". I assume he's too busy to keep it up, which I totally understand.

I hope he'll send a shout out when he has them ready.

UltraRes is a proprietary FAS format.

IIRC, that would require Kevin to buy a commercial license from FAS if he wants to sell UltraRes IR's directly.

Whatever Kevin decides, I'm on board with. I think Kevin is just a very stand up dude and I have been a huge supporter of his from day 1. He delivers outstanding quality for not much $$ and really cares about his customers and about music.

So I could understand releasing the .wav files so that he could avoid the extra expense of the commercial license.

We can convert them ourselves and save Kevin some $$.

Fractal and OH are PROs at customer service. I'm sure they'll do their best to make it fair as possible. I too picked up the OH 412 Mod/Vint about a month ago. With so many frequent improvements, it seems to come with the territory.

It was previously mentioned in the thread below (when I asked if the updates for UltraRes would be available for free if you had already purchased the OH IR packs) that the updates would be free for the UltraRes IR's. This was actually the only reason I purchased the IR packs when I did... otherwise I would have waited until UltraRes was out. I'm certainly excited about shelling out $100 for the fractal pack, or whatever OH is going to charge for them if that's not the case... Does anyone know if Cab-Lab will allow me to convert my existing wav IR's to UltraRes?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/76472-ultrares-vs-producer-oh-cabs.html

Last edited:
I just saw this post on the Ownhammer web site in the news section dated Jan 16. It sounds like Kevin could really use our collective prayers:

Ownhammer
- Recent Development Progress -

I just wanted to briefly and topically inform everyone that in the last few weeks I have been subject/victim to some very serious and unspeakably painful events in my personal life. When making these libraries, I want to ensure the quality of what is being put out, and recently I have been rendered almost completely non-functional. I am trying very hard to continue work on adding new speaker files to the last couple of libraries, but wanted to inform everyone that things in the very near term will be a little bit slow going while I try to deal with what has been and is currently the most difficult thing I have ever faced in my life to date. More great tones will be coming very soon, and I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while I endure the initial brunt of this storm and this extremely difficult time. Thank you to everyone for your support.

Oh no, I didn't see that post. Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through a really tough time. I really hope that you and your family will be ok. Sending my best wishes.

He has since released another set of IRs. Hoping for the best.

As for those like myself who already purchased the packs, we will just need to download the .wav files (for the 1x12 and 2x12 sets) and convert them to UltraRes using the new version of CabLab (which, if I remember correctly, will be offered as a free update for current owners). ...at least, I think I read that somewhere here...

If things aren't all good with Kevin and Co. we can all just somehow limp by with firmware 13 and the horrible cabs we already have from him and FAS.

All the best to you and your's Kevin.

Well, that didn't take long.

HOLY CLARITY, BATMAN!!!!! Unbelievable. I cannot believe I waited so long to grab these. Just for the Scott Alnico mixes alone it was worth the money. I'm currently in a U2 tribute and using his SP mixes and "stereo recipe" my Edge patches (which, IMHO, were pretty good to start with) literally came alive.

HUGE thanks to Kevin and to Scott for these beyond amazing IRs.

Hi svl

Are you using the single 12 " or 4 x 12 in your presets . Single cab ? .

Back
Top Bottom