Own Hammer - Mix IR's Mix Bundles - Modern/Vintage

Just bought the 412 modern/vintage collection and CabLab as well. Can't wait to dive in and try out all my options (there's a lot, as we know). Hopefully these IRs will bring my Xitone to life and offer me the tones I'm looking for.

If anyone would like, name the amp type and I'll share my mix 'formula' for that sort of tone. (*Note I also use a lot of Fractal Mix cabs with the OH Mix cabs for cleaner tones).

Panned center in a stereo cab block:

Morgan AC-20: Alnico Silver T1 Studio Modern -3db/Alnico Blue T1 Live-Vintage 0db
Friedman BE/HBE: H-BB-55 T1 Studio Modern -3db/M-PR-55 T1 Live-Vintage 0db
Bogner XTC Red/Blue: H-BB-55 T1 Studio Modern -3dbdb/V30-EN T1 Live Vintage 0db

Scott, Whats the best for mix for these please
VOX AC 30
Marshall JMP

Scott, Whats the best for mix for these please
VOX AC 30
Marshall JMP

Well, I have been beta testing v.13 for some time; I am just rolling with a single UltraRes and/or High Res mono cab as follows for those types of tones:

Own Hammer 112 Deluxe Alnico-Silver SP for the Vox type tones.
Own Hammer 412 CB M-PR-55 SP for the Marshall type tones.

Choose the SS/T1/T2 variant depending on your taste.

Works for me!

Hi scott

are you converting to Ultra Res from currently available wav files or do you have the longer unreleased versions?

Hey Kevin, Still by far, my favorite is from the BETA that you released months ago... the "OH Beta SM57 Brit Modern 3" to be exact, what cab was this based on ( so I can purchase the whole set ) and what would it's equivalent be in the set ?

Thanks in advance !

I have no idea of what the plan is to offer the tools to convert existing files. I do know that UltraRes is proprietary and the rest you'll have to ask Fractal; I'm not in that loop.

I have no idea of what the plan is to offer the tools to convert existing files. I do know that UltraRes is proprietary and the rest you'll have to ask Fractal; I'm not in that loop.

Thanks. Yeah, cliff said this in another threat "My understanding is that OwnHammer will be providing a free update that includes longer IRs that you can process to create UltraRes files.

To create UltraRes files you will need CabLab. CabLab takes (preferably long) IRs and turns them into UltraRes sysex files. This new version of CabLab will be available shortly. The upgrade will be free for those who have previously purchased it.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of converting the files you can simply purchase the UltraRes pack from us. Included in the UltraRes pack are ".ir" files which is the raw IR data which can be used in CabLab for mixing UltraRes IRs."

So I'm hoping to learn when the WAV files will be available from Kevin.

Hmm... so isn't this kind of forcing everyone willing to use UltraRes to buy CabLab then? Because (sorry if I'm a pain in the.. ) I wouldn't use any other function of that product except for the UltraRes format. I have no problem with throwing 20 bucks here and there but I simply don't want to use CabLab. I don't blend IR's with faders. I audition my IR's in my DAW where I can change mic positions in real time and my IR's are higher quality than this new "UltraRes". So this is kind of a principle thing... 20 bucks for an IR converter that will take my high quality IR's and downgrade them to the new Axe-Fx format.

Why is there no free simple tool that will convert a high quality WAV into UltraRes format?

Nah... I'm probably going to end up being smacked for opening my mouth again so I'll obey the man and pay for that CabLab thingy. :lol

Reactions: Cem
Hmm... so isn't this kind of forcing everyone willing to use UltraRes to buy CabLab then? Because (sorry if I'm a pain in the.. ) I wouldn't use any other function of that product except for the UltraRes format. I have no problem with throwing 20 bucks here and there but I simply don't want to use CabLab. I don't blend IR's with faders. I audition my IR's in my DAW where I can change mic positions in real time and my IR's are higher quality than this new "UltraRes". So this is kind of a principle thing... 20 bucks for an IR converter that will take my high quality IR's and downgrade them to the new Axe-Fx format.

Why is there no free simple tool that will convert a high quality WAV into UltraRes format?

Nah... I'm probably going to end up being smacked for opening my mouth again so I'll obey the man and pay for that CabLab thingy. :lol
not interested in getting into an argument over this, but UltraRes is FAS's technology. I think they're giving a lot away for free already and might as well made UltraRes only available to the XL...

I would pay double price for just a converter out of principle. :lol

Nah... you're right. It's a small price to pay for all these updates. Just have think about it in a different way. :)

Clark - it's new technology and it's proprietary. At this point, you either wait for Cab Lab to support it and get that or you buy them already converted. This is indeed new ground; but that's the price of progress. Doesn't make the current level IR's sound any different than they do now. Just offers an alternative and you get 10 free cab IR's to check out the tech first with the firmware.

Well, I have been beta testing v.13 for some time; I am just rolling with a single UltraRes and/or High Res mono cab as follows for those types of tones:

Own Hammer 112 Deluxe Alnico-Silver SP for the Vox type tones.
Own Hammer 412 CB M-PR-55 SP for the Marshall type tones.

Choose the SS/T1/T2 variant depending on your taste.

Works for me!

Thanks Scott . In which packs would I be able to find these ?

However, it would seem the new Fractal package is a couple of dollars more than OH.

And I've already bought the OH Modern pack. I guess I'll have to wait for OH. Will the UltraRes be the same price, or upgrade price?

Back
Top Bottom