AFIII Owen Davey: The latest Axe-Fx III Artist is also one of the YOUNGEST!

What the what?! How does one master all these instruments at that age? He's better than many musicians that have played for multiple decades and he's got all the instruments covered. This kid is going places... he probably already is. :)

I see a Kemper in most of his older videos.
What brought the switch? The studio? I'm interested in this talented dudes' opinion.

Last edited:
He was lucky enough to spend 5 days hanging out with John Petrucci, Guthrie Govan, Tosin Abasi, Rusty Cooley, Jason Richardson...all Axe FX players. They were pretty convincing.
So he was at the Petrucci camp? Cool!

I've been to both The G4 Experience and Vai Academy. Great times...

It's crazy. I was recently introduced by John Petrucci to another guitarist, just a bit younger than Owen! I almost wanted to add a special section to the web site roster.
Any Chance that was Hunter ? He and Owen jammed out an original at the camp. ( Owen was on drums) Both Hunter and Owen were shortlisted for "Young guitarist of the Year" Hunter moved on to the finals. Nice kid and very talented. I think their paths will cross again. Owen is getting ready for next year... this time with original. LOL

It's crazy. I was recently introduced by John Petrucci to another guitarist, just a bit younger than Owen! I almost wanted to add a special section to the web site roster.

Great idea! The list is so long and daunting now I think it would be cool to point out the younger talent on the rise.

Back
Top Bottom