overwhelmed by the number of amp choices- HELP

My advice would be to use the internet to find out what the musicians played on the songs you love the tones on. That will give you a good starting point to explore on the Axe.

A good way is to do some additional investigation on the amps, seeing videos and hearing soundclips. Investigating the rigs used in some of your favourite records and elaborating from there. The range the Axe offers can seriously replicate some of the classic tones you love. The Plexi world is definitely one of the best choices (not just the real plexis but the plexi-based ones too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved your demo of the possibilities just using the band commander, different IRs and different guitars! Really
liked the opening composition and playing!

Please do other amps! And please post settings and IRs?
Thanks! That's an old clip many firmwares ago, and I'd say there are better amps for high gain :) The key was master volume on 40, and boost and saturation on. Sorry, no idea on IR's anymore, but newest IR's are better anyway :)

For a live covers band you could come at this differently... i.e. take a multi-track live recording of the band (Cymatic Audio LR-16 are great if you're still in the analogue world like us), play back the songs through a PA / monitors at gig level, mute the guitar track, and just play along to your band flicking through amps & FX to find what settings suits each song the best... This approach saved me a lot of trial & error in the field as I got to hear everything in context from the get-go... just a suggestion...

Back
Top Bottom