"Overture 1928" FW 18 Petrucci Preset

Cooper, you posted a lead patch. Your rhythm patch slightly different. It is well heard when you move "rhythm to solo". Your rhythm patch has more higher and more skuped. Could you upload a rhythm patch or give recommendations that need to change. Thanks

Cooper, you posted a lead patch. Your rhythm patch slightly different. It is well heard when you move "rhythm to solo". Your rhythm patch has more higher and more skuped. Could you upload a rhythm patch or give recommendations that need to change. Thanks

Good catch, but nope, it's 100% all the same factory patch throughout the video. I just decided to use a little post EQ on the rhythm parts which you can see here:
EQ.jpg

Buuuut because I'm such a nice guy, I already worked that EQ into the patch I posted by bumping up the Treble and Presence! They are at, if I remember correctly, 6.38. Lower them both to 5.00 and you'll get the exact sound I tracked with, which you hear without any post EQ on the lead parts.

oddly enough, 1928 probably ranks in my top 10 of favorite DT songs. Great cover and tone! appreciate your work CC

I definitely go between which is my favorite of the moment, but I always come back to this one. It was my Berklee summer session next door neighbor's ringback tone, and I was like "WHAT IS THAT SONG." First DT I'd ever heard. I'd call the dude just to hear it haha

Man, those PUs in that JP15 must be AMAZING, because playing that patch with my JPXI sounded ok but nowhere near as close as your clip. I really wish I had my koa right now, which is a little hotter, but unfortunately it's still in purgatory out for repairs at EBMM.

Man, those PUs in that JP15 must be AMAZING, because playing that patch with my JPXI sounded ok but nowhere near as close as your clip. I really wish I had my koa right now, which is a little hotter, but unfortunately it's still in purgatory out for repairs at EBMM.

Yeah man, the Illuminators are seriously sick. Keep in mind, I was also using the JP15's active boost on the leads, which definitely adds something tonally to the sound in addition to the gain.

Thank you for the kind words. They are certainly appreciated.

I'm always between Images and Words and SFAM as my favorite albums. They are both so strong.

Enjoy the Master Classes!

Those are my two favorites too, but I&W gets the nod every time. It's literally my #1 favorite album of all time. Few other albums of any genre (and I like a LOT of music) has affected me, musically or otherwise, the way that one did/does.

Great job.

Just preordered my JP15 7 string, do you know if the neck is the same shape as the JP13?!
Your review of the 15 was very cool!

Just preordered my JP15 7 string, do you know if the neck is the same shape as the JP13?!

Congrats. My first premium guitar was a JP6 ordered without playing. I'm sure you'll enjoy it like I did mine.

Edit: I've not played anything but the JP6 and JP12.

Great, great job. Excellent tone and phrasing. This is also in my top 5 DT songs, and is usually my benchmark when dialing in a JP tone.

My first reaction to hearing DT was about the same: some radio station in '92 played "Take the Time", and my drummer buddy and I looked at each other in awe at what we were hearing.

Thanks for your helpful review on the JP15, BTW. I didn't realize the locking tuners were something that had been dropped on previous models. Mahogany is a nice change, too. I have a Mystic Dream JP6 from the first run, and that has held me over in the JP lineup until now, but that JP15 is really tempting me. My only concern is with the higher-output pickups; I tend to prefer the slightly lower output of the original's Steve's Special-based pickups to those in the newer models. That said, it would differentiate the guitar, providing more justification to owning one along-side the JP6…

JP15 Neck Radius:17" (43.2 cm)
Headstock Size:JP15 6 String - Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm).
Frets:24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
Neck Width:JP15 6 String - 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm).

JP13 Neck Radius:17" (43.2cm)
Headstock Size:Only 5.875" (14.9cm) long
Frets:24 - Medium jumbo profile, stainless steel
Neck Width:1.6875" (43mm) at nut, 2.25" (57.2mm) at last fret

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom