"Overture 1928" FW 18 Petrucci Preset

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Every time Ernie Ball sends out a new guitar for me to test run, I can't resist playing some Dream Theater.
And I don't think it's an understatement to say that hearing this song for the first time at Berklee changed my life, so I've waited a long time for the right moment to cover this one.

So with the enormity of FW18 plus a new JP15, it finally felt like the right time!

This is the 100% stock Petrucci Rhythm preset. Nothing special, other than the tweaks I made to the effects and amp for the release of the presets.
(The scenes aren't in the Factory patch, so here's it is with the scenes already made, 1-5: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Petrucci Rhythm - by CCRoyalSenders)

Hope y'all enjoy!

A couple clams on full display; this is live ;)

oddly enough, 1928 probably ranks in my top 10 of favorite DT songs. Great cover and tone! appreciate your work CC

You are insanely talented, man. That was awesome! One of my favorite DT songs and my favorite DT album. I'm looking forward to buying your master class videos in the near future.

You are insanely talented, man. That was awesome! One of my favorite DT songs and my favorite DT album. I'm looking forward to buying your master class videos in the near future.

Thank you for the kind words. They are certainly appreciated.

I'm always between Images and Words and SFAM as my favorite albums. They are both so strong.

Enjoy the Master Classes!

Absolutely awesome as usual Cooper!!! U are an amazing musician... maybe if JP gets sick he can use u as a
stunt double!!! Wig and beard etc added of course. Anyway I just received my first EBMM guitar today in a JP7
and this served as the perfect inspiration to play some DT... im working on This is The Life. Thanks for what u give to
the Fractal community.

Damn it dude, no lie I was working on the exact same patch and had my Saturday all planned out ready to record/film. Spot on playing though, a little more so than myself I must admit. Can't wait to compare patches, thanks a ton for sharing as usual!

P.S. I'm calling dibs on "Voices" right now :)

Damn it dude, no lie I was working on the exact same patch and had my Saturday all planned out ready to record/film. Spot on playing though, a little more so than myself I must admit. Can't wait to compare patches, thanks a ton for sharing as usual!

P.S. I'm calling dibs on "Voices" right now :)

Please do! Love that song and the whole Awake album for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom