Outward Implosion - heavy rock, Corncob M50 & ML Brit Collection (preset included)

shaunb

Experienced
Just trying out a few different amp and cab combinations before recording an EP and this pairing was really fun.
I've always liked the Corncob M50 but never quite dialed it in right in the past.
I tried it with the PR75 and PR55 cabs in Cab Pack 20 and I'm pretty happy with it this time around.

Guitars tracked with ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 and ML Brit PR55 SM57-M160 02

I've included the preset for anyone interested.

Attachments

• Cornford CP20.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hell yeah! Sounds pretty beefy. I've always had trouble getting this amp model to not be anything but woofy and dark, but I'll have to revisit it after hearing your results. Dug the track too!

Hell yeah! Sounds pretty beefy. I've always had trouble getting this amp model to not be anything but woofy and dark, but I'll have to revisit it after hearing your results. Dug the track too!

Thanks mate.

Same here.
It's one of those amps I really wanted to work for me but I only got it 85% there.
Pretty sure I used to push the lows to hard so I pulled them back a bit this time as well as the Depth setting.

I've got an XL+ by the way.
I can transcribe the settings if any non XL players want the preset.

Great tone!!!! Could you post the amp settings for us Axe II users? Thanks
Sure thing.

T808 OD
Drive 0 Tone 5 Level 10

Amp 1
Input Drive 5 Overdrive 5.59 Bass 6 Mid 6 Treble 6 Presence 3.46 Depth 5 Master Vol 4

Amp 2
As per Amp 1 except Mid 5 Treble 7

Bright switch on.

Amp 1 in the left side of the mix and Amp 2 to the right and that's about it.
Pair this up with ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 and ML Brit PR55 SM57-M160 02 from Cab Pack 20 and you've got the tone.

Back
Top Bottom