Output Volume Lock?

Rad402

Is there a way to set an Output to always be Unity no matter if the knob get moved on the front? I like to remove any chance that my output volume could change by accident either by me, a random cable, or a bandmate.

no. the Out knob position is always real-time and can't be disabled.

are you in situations where the Out knob can easily be adjusted?

i could see a feature like that being a support nightmare unfortunately. "I can't control the Axe volume and it's all the way up and the soundguy needs me to turn down." that'd be a tough one.

There were times that I’d physically pull a knob, as I found for me, the shaft by itself is much less apt to get “bumped”. Obviously I’d pull the knob after adjusting to my desired setting. YMMV

Interesting. I'm new from the Helix world and its a normal feature there. It clearly isn't "needed" but it is nice.

In all the gigs I've done, I've never needed to change my volume off Unity for the FOH. I like to idiot proof as much as I can to keep my tone and set up consistent.

I'm not sure you're using the correct terminology here...

Unity gain means essentially that whether or not the device is engaged the output level does not change.

Since it's basically a Preamp, unity gain would be pretty useless.

good point. "Unity Gain" does not always mean "knob is all the way up" if that's what's being implied in the first post. Unity is a specific thing in audio.

I may be using the term incorrectly, I'm not a sound guy and I'm still learning. :) The last sentence from the manual says unity is fully clockwise, I'm just looking for a way to lock that via the software so once my presets are leveled the signal coming out to the FOH is always the same no matter what.1601951314876.png

I may be using the term incorrectly, I'm not a sound guy and I'm still learning. :) The last sentence from the manual says unity is fully clockwise, I'm just looking for a way to lock that via the software so once my presets are leveled the signal coming out to the FOH is always the same no matter what.View attachment 73588
yes, if you're referring to Out 3 and 4 specifically being all the way up, they are Unity Gain if all blocks in the preset are also at Unity Gain. that's what the manual says there, Out 3 and 4 specifically.

if you're referring to Out 1 and Out 2, turning them all the way up is not Unity Gain.

honestly not much to do with the topic of this post, but it's generally good to use the right terms so we're all on the same page during a discussion, so i think that's why it was brought up.

Back
Top Bottom