Output only effected signal. . .

Stephen Pruitt

Hi there. . .

I'm wanting to use my Axe-Fx II XL+ as an effects box for pre-recorded signals. Is there a way I can output ONLY the effected portion of the signal instead of both the direct and effected signals? If so, how does one set it to output only the effects?

Thanks much.

Stephen
Kansas City

Each effect you add to the signal chain has a mix parameter. I would recommend hook it up to a computer with USB and use axe edit to explore the settings

Hi Stephen,

There isn't one easy answer to this question. Depending on the preset or effects you want to hear, you may need to create something custom. If you provide more details we can be of more help.

Unfortunately, I don't have a computer I can use for this in the studio. I just got this box and love what it seems to be able to do, but I'm really green on it at this point.

It appears that the enhancer effect does not have a mix choice. Bummer.

Thanks.

Stephen

You wouldn't need mix on the enhancer. It does its thing by NOT having a MIX control.

You wouldn't need mix on the enhancer. It does its thing by NOT having a MIX control.

That's interesting. My Eventide H8000FW (which I had to sell for financial reasons) did something very similar called "wide solo" and it was a true send/return effect.

Thanks.

bear in mind that you can load a ton of effects at the same time (unlike eventides which only load one or two algorithms at once). you may be able to build a single patch and just bypass the fx you need to use at any one point. if you can figure out exactly what you need, i can help you build a patch to do it.

Back
Top Bottom