output level variation between modeled amps (at default settings)

Alan Benjamin

Inspired
Greetings,

As I mentioned in a separate thread yesterday (about the most practical ways to build presets from scratch), I spent a bit of time last night dialing in what sounded like a good starting cabinet and then auditioned every available amp to see which might work best for my "stock" clean patch. On the plus side, there were a little over 30 contenders that sounded promising enough to include in my "short list" for further review.

In this process, however, I was surprised by the very large differences in output level of each of these amps (even just the clean ones), with some seeming unusably quiet with their default settings. Am wondering why there is such a large volume discrepancy here and what the best manner is to bring up the volumes of those on the weaker side while still maintaining good level staging throughout the entire signal chain.

I'm also curious if the difference in levels has something to do with the amps that were modeled to create the amp library.

Thanks and take care,

Alan

The settings of both input trim, input gain, BMT and Master Volume will affect the output volume of the amp. Level the differences by using the level parameter in the amp block

Back
Top Bottom