Bug? Output level drop

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
It happened to me several times: when loading a preset the output level of that preset is much lower than how it was saved, going to another preset and coming back to the first one fixes it. It doesn't happen on a specific preset but randomly.
It also happens sometimes when the reverb gets disabled due to cpu overload, the level drops abruptly and I have to reload the preset to fix it

do you have any pedals connected - maybe it picks up some bogus controller value?
Yes I have an expression pedal but it's not attached to volume, I use it only for wah and whammy. I'll try to disconnect it anyway ;)

It also happens sometimes when the reverb gets disabled due to cpu overload, the level drops abruptly and I have to reload the preset to fix it

I wonder if the level in the reverb block causes a signal boost, when engaged? That would explain why, when it's disabled, the output is understandably much lower.
If that's the case, then I'd recommend you edit the patch, ensuring that the reverb block (as well as delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, and similar blocks) don't add or subtract gain when removed or bypassed.
That, of course, means you'd need to increase the level elsewhere in the patch, to make up... probably, using the amp level parameter.
If that's NOT the problem... well, never mind...;)

I wonder if the level in the reverb block causes a signal boost, when engaged? That would explain why, when it's disabled, the output is understandably much lower.
If that's the case, then I'd recommend you edit the patch, ensuring that the reverb block (as well as delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, and similar blocks) don't add or subtract gain when removed or bypassed.
That, of course, means you'd need to increase the level elsewhere in the patch, to make up... probably, using the amp level parameter.
If that's NOT the problem... well, never mind...;)
Already checked, level is ok when I bypass it manually, and even when I lower the quality and it enables itself again It doesn't go back to full volume.

A little update, it also happens when changing cabs sometimes, and whenever it happens changing cab and loading the previous again fixes it

i've had the same problem on my axe, but i don't even have to switch presets....all i have to do is barely tap the output knob and it comes back to full volume

This happens with my AX8 too, its not everytime but from time to time ill switch to w new preset and level drops significantly then i just tap or slightly rotate the OUT1 knob and its back to normal, i didnt know that was a bad pot i thought it was a software bug, i havent had that issue in a while thos it happened alot when i first got it back last summer

Back
Top Bottom