Not a Bug Output just drops

Sam Partin

I turn axe fx 2 on and start to jam, everything is great! Then about 5 min or so sometimes less the output just stops. Input still registering the guitar being played but no sound. Turn axe off back on sound is back. Thought it might be related to my axe edit so I stopped running it. No change. Then i thought maybe it was my guitar so I changed guitars, no change. Everything works great for a few min. Thought maybe it was the heat but the unit feels cool to the touch. Anyone have ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Sam

If it happens again, please go to the vertical VU meters (Utility button on the front panel, page right to Status). Is there signal showing on the Output meters there?

If not, something is reducing level in the Preset.

Does this happen on all presets or just one? Any MIDI or USB devices including DAWs?

Can confirm this behavior on 10.01 (mark 1). It happens to me when I switch banks via the MFC. The only thing that brings the output back is turning off my Axe and turning it back on. Only drops output 1 though, output 2 is still working when Output 1 drops out.

If it happens again, please go to the vertical VU meters (Utility button on the front panel, page right to Status). Is there signal showing on the Output meters there?

If not, something is reducing level in the Preset.

Does this happen on all presets or just one? Any MIDI or USB devices including DAWs?

Thanks for the ideas! I think it was a bad connection on my MIDI device because it was only on the preset I was using at the time and after seating my connections again the problem resolved itself. Not sure exactly what it was doing to the preset but it would seem the MIDI controller was doing it.

Back
Top Bottom