Output Issue

racetra

Inspired
Hey All,
I have been having an issue with the output on my mark II. I did start a support ticket. Matt was quick to get back to me. (Great Service Thanks!) Turns out it was not what I thought. I will be gettin back to him though. I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone else has seen this. Maybe I am missin something.

Tonight I was gettin ready to play and was fiddlin with the output cable that goes to my CLR and the sound quit. I then pulled it out and as I was pullin it out the sound got really loud. I was able to reproduce it. When I pull it out about half way is when it gets loud. I am gonna feel pertty stupid if it is something simple that I have missed.

I have been using a regular shielded mono (guitar) cable forever. Thats not suppose to be a stereo (TRS I think) jack is it, like on the MFC?
Also, Does anyone go from the balanced output on the Axe to 1/4in in to the CLR or other amps. If so, how is it wired.

Thanks

If you pull the cable out halfway it will get twice as loud. This is due to the humbuster output design. Don't pull the cable out halfway.
That explains that....thanks

When I push the cable all the way in, I loose the output. Again, should the jack that goes into the axe output be a TRS

I think I am getting close to finding this problem without having to send it in....I hope!!
I am gonna look into the Bestronics jack plate once i figure this out.

That explains that....thanks

When I push the cable all the way in, I loose the output. Again, should the jack that goes into the axe output be a TRS

I think I am getting close to finding this problem without having to send it in....I hope!!
I am gonna look into the Bestronics jack plate once i figure this out.

The plug that goes into the Axe-Fx can be either TS or TRS. TRS would be for Humbuster cables. Perhaps a gander at the manual is in order.

Sounds like you have a bad cable.

I have tried a few different cables and bought a new midi cable. At first I thought it was a problem with the floorboard. I have been scanning the manual a bit. I am going to get a little better with the whole Humbuster dealio.

Back
Top Bottom