Output Clipping

marc0810

Inspired
All, on a few of my patches I have noticed that even though I am barely crossing the line on the VU meters I am still getting output clipping lights coming on, what is the issue? I will post an example when I get home

Its digital clipping. You need to do proper gain staging. Here is a link to a thread yek wrote about clipping and it also has a link to a video which probably will help you out https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-clipping.47443/
I am aware of that thread but unfortunately it’s not helpful in answering my question. I know about gain staging, my issue is I am seeing those lights come on well before I believe I should be seeing them based on the manual and visually by the VU meters.

Well best thing is post your patches on where the clipping is occuring. I am not at home at the moment so I cant but im sure someone will open them up and test them.

Are you sure it’s the output clip light that’s lighting up?

@Rex yes I am sure, maybe its actually doing ok I am just trying to make sure I manage my presets volume well to avoid that nasty digital clipping.

Just trying to figure out why it's clipping when the VU meters ate at zero. There should be 20 dB of headroom before clipping.

Check Output 1 Boost/Pad (I/O: Audio menu), lower to 0 if it's currently higher. Meters are pre-boost so this is the most likely cause of your scenario.

Are you using your Axe FX as an audio interface? Maybe it's audio from the computer that's causing the clipping?

Back
Top Bottom