Fixed Output 2 making a horrible noise?

fsharpminor

Inspired
I normally run output 2 to a power amp and cab, but since the update to 3.02 it is making a horrible noise, almost like a ring modulator over the notes? I have attached a recording to show the sound. first half is output 2 into pro tools interface, 2nd half is the same thing recorded simultaneously but from outputs 1 and 2 into interface. Its happening in all presets. Swapped out the cable, tried rebooting the unit, preset attached if that helps.

Attachments

• FM3-EF86 Treble AC20 FM3(2).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Please also attach your "System + FC" settings dump from Fractal-Bot and we'll take a look when we have a chance.

After you create and upload the backup, please also try resetting your system parameters (HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Reset page).

the noise has gone now that the system parameters are reset. should i try and reload from the back up and see if they return?

I reloaded the system settings from the backup and the noise returned. I have a backup from yesterday I will try this now, although I dont know whether the issue was in yesterdays back up as I didnt use output 2 yesterday.

I loaded in an update from yesterday and it is the same noise from out 2. I didnt have the noise in 3.02b. Not sure whther I should try loading the system parameters from the beta firmware?

I loaded in an update from yesterday and it is the same noise from out 2. I didnt have the noise in 3.02b. Not sure whther I should try loading the system parameters from the beta firmware?
It's worth a shot. It seems like it's something with the configuration.

I am going to try and load in the full settings from 3.02b and see if that 'cures' it, might help isolate the problem. Also it is happening with the fractal stock presets when I add an out 2 block

Last edited:
Hey BryantP, just tried this, installed firmware 3.01, it cured the output2 problem....obviously it didnt load up the presets that had been tweaked or created in 3.02. then I loaded up 3.02 (following herruchs instructions above), the problem returned in both presets created or tweked in 3.02 and those untouched from 3.01. so it looks like something in my settings combined with 3.02? Thamks again for the help....no rush.

This is exactly the same bug I get occasionally, starting (I think) with 3.02b. It's only happened three times so far out of many boot ups, so it's not constant. I posted a thread last week about this:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/strange-bit-crushed-sound-on-out2-in2-fx-loop-fw3-02b.170751/
OK, I rolled back to 3.01 and it disappeared. But with me its there all the time now. Have you got any idea why it happens? if I reset all of my system & fc settings the noise is gone even in 3.02, but as soon as I restore them from a backup the noise returns.

Back
Top Bottom