Output 2 Issues

Satch4u3

Experienced
Hi guys,

At sound check this morning I was getting some series static out of Output 2 in my stage monitor. Crazy noise! Output 1 is fine. So here is how I have it connected and set.

As you probably guess Output 1 is to FOH and Output 2 is direct to my onstage monitor. A JBLPXM12M. I rented this from a located music store to try out. Yesterday at home I tested and I had it connected directly to Output 1 and it sounded great! I don't have my Axe FX 2 in front of me now but I believe the settings are as follows:

Output 1 and 2 left only and L+R Sum on both. Also Copy Output 1 to Output 2. I have had or at least thought I had this setup the exact same way with another speaker before (Line 6 Stage Source L3T) and it worked fine. Can you guys think of a reason why I might be getting all of this noise with Output 2??

I can't think of a reason why a speaker would cause it, but I'd eliminate that first as it is a new introduction to your system. Swap the feed for the monitor to Output 1 and see if it still makes noise through the monitor. If so, it's a monitor issue.

I don't see anything wrong in your settings, and if it was working that way with another monitor it should still be ok.

I should of mentioned it in the OP that I did try Output 1 to the monitor and it was fine. Wish I would of had more time to troubleshoot it. I am guessing I have settings somewhere that are to blame. Either that or there's a hardware issue! Typically you want Left Output 1 to FOH and left of Output 2 to a monitor, correct?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom