Output 2 hotter than Out 1?

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi all, I am placing both Out 1 and 2 are the end of my chains - I do this so I can run a short XLR to my powered speaker on stage in one input, and my main mix in the other. This way if I need more or less I can simply bend down and adjust Out 2 - I learned that using my AX8.

I am noticing that all of my patches - when using the meters and zoom function - Out 2 is clipping and out 1 is fine. Out two always looks maybe 4-6 dB hotter than Out 1. What am I missing?

I am trying to set my levels and this is confusing me a bit.

I verified that my I/O are set consistently - Output 1 Sum L+R, +10, and Normal phase as is output 2 and the global EQ's are both flat.

Shouldn't they be identical on the meter on the Axe III?

Any help appreciated! Thanks,

Hi all, I am placing both Out 1 and 2 are the end of my chains - I do this so I can run a short XLR to my powered speaker on stage in one input, and my main mix in the other. This way if I need more or less I can simply bend down and adjust Out 2 - I learned that using my AX8.

I am noticing that all of my patches - when using the meters and zoom function - Out 2 is clipping and out 1 is fine. Out two always looks maybe 4-6 dB hotter than Out 1. What am I missing?

I am trying to set my levels and this is confusing me a bit.

I verified that my I/O are set consistently - Output 1 Sum L+R, +10, and Normal phase as is output 2 and the global EQ's are both flat.

Shouldn't they be identical on the meter on the Axe III?

Any help appreciated! Thanks,
Screen shot of the layout of one patch might be helpful.

I have noticed that outputs 1 and 2 are the same, but outputs 3 and 4 show less output at the front panel LED meters?

White noise into all 4 Output blocks in parallel.

Screen shot of the layout of one patch might be helpful.
Sorry, that is a good idea - here is what is odd. I just went to grab a screenshot and now they all look mostly balanced. I didn't change anything, so I am unsure what is going on. I will do more digging, thank you for responding.

I have noticed that outputs 1 and 2 are the same, but outputs 3 and 4 show less output at the front panel LED meters?

By design, 1 & 2 are the same and 3 & 4 are the same (and different from 1/2).

Out 3 and 4 are designed for Unity Gain applications, so they do have a bit less output than 1 and 2 by design.

Back
Top Bottom