Output 2 gone weird

DNW

Power User
My output 2 has suddenly gone odd. Brought it back from a rehearsal on Sunday and have only just fired it up again today. The sound I'm getting from it is as if all the freqs except the lows have been EQ'd out, leaving a very quiet and muffled sound. Have tried all the usual, different cables, running it into different channels of my line mixer (which is otherwise working fine), different cables, straight into the monitors, etc.

The sound out of output 1 is normal. Haven't touched any settings, global EQ 2 is set flat as it always is.

I'm hoping this is still somehow to do with me being a bit simple and just missing something, rather than some kind of hardware failure. Won't be able to afford to get it repaired for a while if it's anything costly. :(

Any ideas?

Oh FFS... ok, before anyone even bothers to try help... NEVER MIND, THIS IS INDEED A CASE OF ME JUST BEING SIMPLE! :lol

Was just sitting here playing, trying to think of what the problem could be... and it hit me... am I actually plugging into output 2? Checked around the back... no, no I'm not. Those plugs are in unbalanced 1 (and I'm already using the balanced outs). Moved 'em to output 2, suddenly I have sound again.

Let the pointing and laughing commence. :lol

Reactions: yek
I just did the same thing yesterday, trying to hook up my studio monitors to do some A/B'ing with those and my new EV ELX112P FRFRs. I was like "What the !$%???" Then, "Duh.". :lol

Back
Top Bottom