Output 2 /cab sims help please!

ari

Inspired
So i decided that for me the best setup for the axe is a solid state power amp and cabs. I gave up on FRFR and i had a great gig with my art sla2 tonight. But since every time my rig changes so do my presets, i'm still tweaking. Problem is, that if i want to go direct to house i need to add an fx loop for every patch i use, and make sure the effects minus the cab all go before and put a cab after. This is annoying because I can't "preset surf" looking for good sounds, but i need to create one preset set up as described above and port everything in. Is the a simple universal way for me to always have the cab routed to output 1 and Output 2 will automatically route to my power amp/cabs *(bypassing the cab sims just for output 2)? Help me out guys! Thanks, Ari

To preset surf using your power amp/cab, just go to the Global Settings, and turn off Cab Sims. That will allow you to find the sounds you want. Then, you'll just need to go back to those presets, and modify them to include the FX Loop block like you mentioned, so you can use them with Cab Sims on for FOH (Output 1), and thru the FX Loop for your power amp/cab (Output 2).

Thank you Thomas for your reply! This is what i plan to do, but it means i have to tweak within a given preset LIVE, as opposed to jumping around with my midi controller. I know, not a big deal, but its hard to keep going back to the unit and swapping amps etc at a gig. And thats the only place i can do real tweaking...thanks though!
To preset surf using your power amp/cab, just go to the Global Settings, and turn off Cab Sims. That will allow you to find the sounds you want. Then, you'll just need to go back to those presets, and modify them to include the FX Loop block like you mentioned, so you can use them with Cab Sims on for FOH (Output 1), and thru the FX Loop for your power amp/cab (Output 2).

The other consideration of course is time base effects. I believe ideally these are placed after the cab.( see factory presets) So inserting the fx loop would kill those before the speaker ( where it must go ) nullifies the TB effects. ( chorus, flange, etc)

Back
Top Bottom