Output 1 FOH Tips - Bright sounding

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I need a little advice, I'm using my Axe III with my matrix power amp and my guitar cab which sounds awesome. I'm starting to record over the weekend with the band and I was planning on going direct into the mixing board. I thought I'd experiment with some headphones to see what output 1 sounds like and it's quite bright and tinny for some reason.

Is it supposed to sound like that? Any tips I can try to make it sound less bright?

Cheers

Paul

Actually guys I think it's just my headphones!

I've just tried out 1 thru my small Mackie mixer and studio monitors and it sounds pretty good. Sorry about that my fault. Cab block is definetly in there and the cab modelling is enabled. Looks like I need some new headphones then they have seen better days lol

I thought I'd experiment with some headphones to see what output 1 sounds like and it's quite bright and tinny for some reason.

Is it supposed to sound like that? Any tips I can try to make it sound less bright?

Cheers

Paul

I wouldn't take much notice of what it sounds like through headphones, see what it sounds like through the PA.

Hmm.. cab block is on on that output? How do you have it setup in the grid?

Put a cab block after the amp on the same row as output 1, is that what you mean?

I wouldn't take much notice of what it sounds like through headphones, see what it sounds like through the PA.

Put a cab block after the amp on the same row as output 1, is that what you mean?

Thanks, I think I've realised that now. I thought something might have been wrong that's all. I didn't want to turn up to the recording session with that bright tinny sound. My fault I should of tried out 1 through my mixer first. Oh well lesson learned.

Hi guys,

I need a little advice, I'm using my Axe III with my matrix power amp and my guitar cab which sounds awesome. I'm starting to record over the weekend with the band and I was planning on going direct into the mixing board. I thought I'd experiment with some headphones to see what output 1 sounds like and it's quite bright and tinny for some reason.

Cheers

Paul
Nothing sounds good through headphones.

Back
Top Bottom