Outboard looper pedal - Question if this will work

Using my Axe & MFC in a 3 pc Rock band:

If I have an outboard looper pedal, can it allow me to play a rhm grt part and have it playing, while I change to a different gtr preset and solo over the looped part?

If so, would I just have the looper pedal connected between my Axe and gtr cabinet? Trying to imagine how this works.

Last edited:
For that purpose you'd put the looper between your Axe-FX and the poweramp. Whatever you want captured by the looper has to go before it. In your case, you want the sound out of the Axe-FX to be looped, so the looper basically goes at the end of the chain. If you put the looper before the Axe-FX, it'd record your raw guitar sound. It'd sound right on playback as that'd then go through the Axe, but when you change patches the looped sound would also change. Plus you'd then be trying to play basically two guitar parts through one amp sound, which wouldn't really be great.

Can't really comment on that. I have a Ditto but I've never attempted to run it with my Axe. If the input on the Ditto is happy taking the output of the Axe, and the simple features of the Ditto suit what you want to do...

I'd test it for you, but to be honest I CBF. :lol Since leaving the band I've moved the Axe back into the recording rack, which is a bit of a pain in the backside to mess about with.

Back
Top Bottom