out1 and 2 clipping but input not lighting red ?

frankiev

Experienced
I modified the preset ej clean . Bascially all I did was bypass everything but comp, amp ,cab and reverb . I checked all the levels and none are above 0 except ofcourse the amp which has the drive at 5 and the master at 9.5 . When I play the input level almost never lights the red ,however the clip 1 and 2 lights come on when I hit the strings hard . I also checked the main out level in the output mixer and its at 0 .Can anyone offer some insight ?

The input level clip indicator is intended to help you set a consistent input level, depending on how hot your guitar pickups are. You set it such that your hottest pickup setting, with the guitar volume maxed out, sends a signal strong enough to light the red LED occasionally when you play hard. We frequently call that "tickling the red". That's it for setting your input level.

The output clipping results simply when you have too much gain in your signal chain. Most amp models at gain=5 and master=9.5 will rsult in clipping. That's why you have a level control. Don't change the input level knob that you set as per the first paragraph - instead, change the level in the amp block.

To summarize, input clipping and output clipping are two completely different things.

Back
Top Bottom