Out to FOH & Tube Amp - Impedance Curve...

JRod4928

Power User
When using OUT2 to send to tube amp FX Return, and OUT1 sent to FOH, ideally you have impedance curve applied to OUT1 but not OUT2. But that isn't an option in the AXE (specifically the FM3).

Any tricks I should be aware of? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a good thread.

Last edited:
On the Axe-Fx 3 you could just run two amp blocks with identical settings. A bit complicated but will do what you ask.

Otherwise you would honestly just deal with it. Pick an impedance curve that works for whichever output system you consider more relevant for your performance and stick with that. I don't feel it makes a big enough difference to the audience so I would just set it based on your tube amp.

There aren't any hard rules for this, just what feels and sounds good to you.

When using OUT2 to send to tube amp FX Return, and OUT1 sent to FOH, ideally you have impedance curve applied to OUT2 but not OUT1. But that isn't an option in the AXE (specifically the FM3).

Any tricks I should be aware of? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a good thread.

a typo? you would NOT want the impedance curve applied to out put going to tube amp since it takes care of it and you would want imp curve for FOH.

Back
Top Bottom