Out of the loop for a long time...any plans for Fractal software sim like Helix Native?

I'm not sure how Neural DSP are "cornering the market" when there's at least 10 other direct competitors just in the plugin space alone. There's a lot of disadvantages to using a plugin instead of dedicated hardware, so I don't think they will displace hardware modellers any time soon. People said the same thing about VST plugins replacing hardware synthesizers back in the 90s, and today the hardware synthesizer market is probably the biggest it's ever been. Even modelling hardware or purely digital synthesizers are selling very well, despite the fact you could basically the exact same thing on a computer.

They are cornering the market by partnering with hardware companies and elite artists plain and simple. At a much higher rate than other competitors. Its not going to stop with Darkglass, Fortin, Plini, and Nolly. Other companies and artists are already in the works, and its just going to keep coming. Just because other companies exist, and have already put things out, doesnt mean they are competitive to Neural. I said that in 5 years, I predict a shift, where lots more guitarists will be faced with "should i shell out $1700-$2300 for an Axe FX or Kemper, or just get a Neural plugin to produce my next EP? Frankly, as an Axe FX user, had a standard, have an AX8, I can see how lots of potential buyers would rather cough up that money for a new guitar, and spend $99 on a Neural. Just sayin as my opinion, no shade on Fractal, great company. I just think it would be wise to consider putting something out there that at least offers a "buy what you want" suite where you can buy single blocks of amps, and effects to play inside of a plugin hub.

Many here will vehemently disagree but I still believe that FAS is doing itself and it’s customers a deep disservice by not offering a plugin. I have recently purchased some STL Tonehub packs and while the quality isn’t on par with FAS but it still sounds good and the convenience of it is amazing.
Reamping with the Axe FX is a pain in the ass.

The only disservice is leading customers on by saying in May 2016 that "Soon" there WOULD be an amp plugin. I think its important for a company to address the needs of users, and potential users with some answers. Its not asking for much, just a little transparency as a show of good faith. Its not a requirement or obligation for any company to be transparent, but its the nice thing to do. To lead people on, and not follow up, thats seems like they dont care about a specific demographic of customer base that has a specific need.

im pretty sure the reason is because once it goes into software it can be reverse engineered and other companies can figure out the special sauce. didn't Moorer get busted for doing that?

I don't think you can un-compile compiled code but I'm not a programmer, also Ilok 3 hasn't been hacked as far as I know. Nonetheless I would still LOVE a Fractal amp plugin. Those screenshots a few years back were a real TEASE!

Tease for real. I’ve been messing with Tonehub and for the convenience factor alone I really am thinking about selling my AF2. I have a Helix LT I use live which is more convenient for the few shows I do.

FAS modeling is still better than the 2 but I just can’t justify keeping the Axe Fx any more so if anyone wants a deal On a Axe FX II I’ll even throw in abeat up six space skb case and a Rocktron Midi mate controller for free.

I don't think you can un-compile compiled code but I'm not a programmer, also Ilok 3 hasn't been hacked as far as I know. Nonetheless I would still LOVE a Fractal amp plugin. Those screenshots a few years back were a real TEASE!
You can certainly reverse engineer compiled code, and there exist decompilers that will even turn it back into C.

You can certainly reverse engineer compiled code, and there exist decompilers that will even turn it back into C.

How can you decompile c? Once you compile it that resolution is gone. The best you can do is try to piece it back together from bytecode. Thats not going to be a fun time.

yeah, you don't get the original variable names, but if you're trying to reverse engineer DSP code you don't necessarily need them. A lot of times they are gibberish like xx or whatever in the real code. I'm not saying it's easy or fun, but for a motivated person it is worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom