FS Out of Respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you all wanna flip Fractal products elsewhere for profit, fine. IMO. Fractal products on here should not be gouge worthy(Seinfeld speaking). I just think it is proper etiquette.
I could not agree with you more. I said this on a different thread but I got an FM9 early and unfortunately due to financial reasons I had to sell it and I sold it for exactly what I paid for it.

I have no doubt many of these folks(NOT ALL) just jump on the waitlist to make $$$$. Personally, people like that are not my fav kind of people.
Please do NOT lecture me on capitolism. It's called greed. IMHO.

No one should sell block letter 5150s for more than $600. No one should sell fulltone pedals that used to cost $70 for $400. But they are.

Not going to lie though or act like the knight in shining armor. I flipped 7 or 8 PS5s when they were incredibly scarce. I made between 150-200 bucks on them. I just did it for the thrill of the hunt, really. I think I made around 3 bucks an hour, I was constantly putting them in carts and not getting them most of the time. Took hours several days a week. That was different.

Selling something for whatever price you want to ask is, of course, ok. No argument or discussion there.
That is NOT what my comment was\is about. Think waitlist, others really wanting to own one, to enjoy owning it, you see a profit, don't really care about the item in question, etc. Well you get the idea. Still think it stinks.

Selling something for whatever price you want to ask is, of course, ok. No argument or discussion there.
That is NOT what my comment was\is about. Think waitlist, others really wanting to own one, to enjoy owning it, you see a profit, don't really care about the item in question, etc. Well you get the idea. Still think it stinks.
Food for thought.

When Chevy does it, is it ok or is that just the way it is? They sell cars over sticker price all the time. Ticketmaster don’t get me started. Point being anything in demand will fetch a premium.
The people I sold PS5s to were actually grateful. They wouldn’t have gotten one otherwise. Sometimes it took me an hour to get one in the cart and purchased. Most times I spent an hour and didn’t get anything. I sure didn’t create the frenzy or the shortage.

And what is the definition of “gouge worthy”? I had a turbo listed for $2075 shipped. Is that gouge worthy?
this is indeed the question - personally, I would not be comfortable selling anything used for new price, no matter how little used it is, it's still used, so worth something short of new price imo. I've also never bought anything used for new price and would have to be pretty desparate to do so (hence my problem with guitar stores selling demo'd items at new price). Though it can be seen as distastefull, our economies are built on playing the market to some extent - many of us participate actively in such flipping without even knowing it as the fund managers of our pension funds play the markets on our behalfs every day.

In addition, the seller assumes a massive amount of risk due to PayPal scammers. Not to mention labor and travel to ship it. at 2075 I would have recouped my money. Not profited.

If some wants it, they will buy it. If not, oh well…

I think if you all wanna flip Fractal products elsewhere for profit, fine. IMO. Fractal products on here should not be gouge worthy(Seinfeld speaking). I just think it is proper etiquette.

Out of respect, what are you selling in this post in the FS forum?

All due respect, I agree with you.

Respectfully, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom