• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Out-of-Phase Humbucker Guitar Filter Block Help

favance

Power User
I have been trying to simulate an out-of-phase humbucker setup for a preset using the Axe-FX III Filter block. I have a Gibson Les Paul, but really don't want to re-wire it with an out-of-phase switch. Also, I'm trying to emulate the Peter Green LP out-of-phase sound. I've attached the filter block. It would be great if someone that had a Les Paul w/out-of phase (or even better Peter Green mod) would take a listen to this block and help tweak it to match. I put this Filter at the beginning of my block chain, right after the Input block. I got the basic idea from this Craig Anderton post:

https://craiganderton.org/out-of-phase-pickup-tone-emulation-with-eq/

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Gtr Out-of-Phase Filter.blk
    484 bytes · Views: 10

phil92

Experienced
this is never going to work convincingly. With OOP wiring it makes a huge difference where on the neck you are fretting notes, because that changes the difference in phase.

favance

Power User
this is never going to work convincingly. With OOP wiring it makes a huge difference where on the neck you are fretting notes, because that changes the difference in phase.
I did not say it had to be perfect. The block attached to my post is mint to be a close approximation of the effect for those that don't have their guitar wired up w/OOP... I'm asking for someone that owns such a guitar to try the block out and let me know how close it is. Based on my listening to a couple of recorded OOP Guitar tracks, it does appear close.

Top Bottom