Out-of-Phase Humbucker Guitar Filter Block Help

favance

Power User
I have been trying to simulate an out-of-phase humbucker setup for a preset using the Axe-FX III Filter block. I have a Gibson Les Paul, but really don't want to re-wire it with an out-of-phase switch. Also, I'm trying to emulate the Peter Green LP out-of-phase sound. I've attached the filter block. It would be great if someone that had a Les Paul w/out-of phase (or even better Peter Green mod) would take a listen to this block and help tweak it to match. I put this Filter at the beginning of my block chain, right after the Input block. I got the basic idea from this Craig Anderton post:

https://craiganderton.org/out-of-phase-pickup-tone-emulation-with-eq/

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Gtr Out-of-Phase Filter.blk
    484 bytes · Views: 14
this is never going to work convincingly. With OOP wiring it makes a huge difference where on the neck you are fretting notes, because that changes the difference in phase.

this is never going to work convincingly. With OOP wiring it makes a huge difference where on the neck you are fretting notes, because that changes the difference in phase.
I did not say it had to be perfect. The block attached to my post is mint to be a close approximation of the effect for those that don't have their guitar wired up w/OOP... I'm asking for someone that owns such a guitar to try the block out and let me know how close it is. Based on my listening to a couple of recorded OOP Guitar tracks, it does appear close.

Back
Top Bottom