Out For Delivery...

moshwitz

Inspired
Gotta love those words :D ....Its scary and exciting all at the same time....gotta go to work and its gonna bug me all day. I just hope someone is around when they come,,don't want this one left on the doorstep :evil:

MOSHON
DAVE

Mine has arrived today at home, can't wait to get back from work!
It could have been there yesterday, but the German distributor ships with DPD parcel service, and they suck so much beyond imagination, that I have have to call them (NOT toll-free) to find out where my parcels are.

RiF said:
Mine has arrived today at home, can't wait to get back from work!
It could have been there yesterday, but the German distributor ships with DPD parcel service, and they suck so much beyond imagination, that I have have to call them (NOT toll-free) to find out where my parcels are.

I remember DPD does offer tracking&tracing?
A year and a half ago, my axe was sent (got a notification in the evening), and the next day at work I checked and saw that they already tried to deliver. That same evening they delivered for the second time!

Marco

MarcoB said:
I remember DPD does offer tracking&tracing?
A year and a half ago, my axe was sent (got a notification in the evening), and the next day at work I checked and saw that they already tried to deliver. That same evening they delivered for the second time!
Marco
Yes, the DPD-tracking site told me that the package will arrive on Wednesday. I took a day off and literally waited the whole day for the doorbell to ring. It did not.
I refreshed the tracking page every 30 minutes until in the evening it said: Could not deliver, because CODEwhatever. Clicking some more deeper into weird links that I did not understand brought me to a page that said, that the address does not exist. OK, the truth is: The package said "My Street No. 5", but my address is "My Street No. 6". In my street, the houses are numbered 4, 6, 8. No 5, but we have name signs on the fences... Idiots... I called them to correct the address. If I haven't called, they would have sent it back to the distributor, because of their pea-sized brains.
3 our of 4 DPD-sent packages arrive my house only with major active communication by myself. But my wife told me that my Axe-Fx is at home. Hopefully they did not break it.

...I am stepping through the presets, stuck with the fabulous "BROWN" patch which is worth the money alone. I switched of all the fx and I am stepping through the amp-types... it is worth all the hassle I had with the DPD. I record stuff and check back tomorrow with fresh ears, but right now it sounds absolutely godlike. The Brown, Rectos and Soldano models kick so much more butt than I expected. OK, enough, need to go back to my AxeFx.

...OK... this is just my first subjective impression... this is the frakking greatest digital modeler (yes, I know it is not meant to be a modeler, but IT IS!) known to mankind. It sounds like an amp, it feels like an amp, it let's my bad guitars sound bad and my good guitars sound good, just like a very good real tube amp. And all of this on headphones and my 1 year old daughter is sleeping nicely. Try this with a Dual Rec! I just touched the surface of this unit and I am pretty impressed.

Sup?
Well, she got here safe and sound,,Although the box looked like it had been squashed on one corner. but no scars or nothing on the unit itself, but the big knob seems just a little wobbly, kinda like the nut wasn't tightened all the way on the shaft of the pot. anyone Else's knob feel like this? does the knob just come off( I don't want to pull on it) so I can tighten a nut ?

anyway...

I'm coming for you...
100_0864.jpg

Ahhh cool ,,no extra,,,,aaahumm,,,, pieces..... in the box....good sign
100_0865.jpg

Sit here for now my sweet....
100_0867.jpg

she shipped with vrs. 7.13 BTW....Right on Cliff ;)
100_0869.jpg

Yep,,I'm diggin it. :D Now, being a full blooded high gain metal head,,this thing is tits,,but what has really impressed me so far is how awesome some of these clean presets are,,,very tasty indeed. All the monster gain presets are cool too, and I can believe that they just need a little tweak and then they would be righteous. I cant wait to try some of the user presets that are floating around. I'll get around to installing the editor tomorrow and go for a drive with that. I came across preset 372(farfegnugan) and it was so close to one of my sounds from my other rig (Engl Savage 120+Digitech 2120) It made laugh pretty loud. I believe the Ultra and I are gonna become real good friends :mrgreen: Let the tweaking journey begin....HELL YEAH.

MOSHON
DAVE

RiF said:
...OK... this is just my first subjective impression... this is the frakking greatest digital modeler (yes, I know it is not meant to be a modeler, but IT IS!) known to mankind. It sounds like an amp, it feels like an amp, it let's my bad guitars sound bad and my good guitars sound good, just like a very good real tube amp. And all of this on headphones and my 1 year old daughter is sleeping nicely. Try this with a Dual Rec! I just touched the surface of this unit and I am pretty impressed.

This is an excellent point, If I set a patch up that sounds awesome on my single coils then switch to my Hot Rail in the bridge it can go from sounds beautiful and percussive to utter squeeling crap....

I'm still waiting for mine...It's in Hodgkins, IL. It's not expected to make it to my house until June 3rd. I've already read the manual, downloaded the editor, and am trying to be as patient as possible. It's not easy!

Clicked refresh and the desplay changed to "delivered"!

Ran to the car (I'm at work) and drove home. I did not want this sitting outside all by itself. Then I did the unthinkable...I put the box inside the house and drove back to work.

I have to say I'm proud of myself, but you have no idea how slow the day has been since I've been back at work!!

Back
Top Bottom