Out 2 help!

How do you want to use it? there Are many ways (as part of an FX loop, mirror output 1, route signal , mirror guitar input , etc....

Hi,
There are different options to use output 2.
- echo the input for reamping purpose for example
- echo output 1 to have a separate monitor signal under own control
- using a send block in your matrix, for example to have a signal without cab-sim to go into an poweramp with cabs

Hope that was inspiring. More help to these topics you can find in the manual.

Enjoy

How do you want to use it? there Are many ways (as part of an FX loop, mirror output 1, route signal , mirror guitar input , etc....
output 1 direct to FOH and i would like to use output 2 in a cab.i tried several ways but the out 2 level knob seems not to work...any ideas?

output 1 direct to FOH and i would like to use output 2 in a cab.i tried several ways but the out 2 level knob seems not to work...any ideas?

To do so you only need to have a send block in your configuration, that is placed in front of the cab sim. Like this you are splitting the signal to the out 2 directly and to out 1 through the cab sim and whatever there is coming more in your signal path.

If the cab you are referring to is something FRFR (such as a PA speaker or monitor, studio monitor, headphones, etc) then you need only echo output 1 to output 2 in your main settings and you'll be set. If you are going to be using a cabinet block for the FOH send and something different like a guitar amp or power amp/cab setup onstage, then you'll need to break that out in your preset and send it to output 2.

Perhaps the easiest way for us to help is to tell us exactly what you will be connecting Output 2 to for amplification, and we can help with settings or preset examples to get you going. Like everything else, it's simple once you know how!

The manual is your friend (pages 13-16 for info on hooking up), as is the wiki: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Category:AX8

Last edited:
If the cab you are referring to is something FRFR (such as a PA speaker or monitor, studio monitor, headphones, etc) then you need only echo output 1 to output 2 in your main settings and you'll be set. If you are going to be using a cabinet block for the FOH send and something different like a guitar amp or power amp/cab setup onstage, then you'll need to break that out in your preset and send it to output 2.

Perhaps the easiest way for us to help is to tell us exactly what you will be connecting Output 2 to for amplification, and we can help with settings or preset examples to get you going. Like everything else, it's simple once you know how!

The manual is your friend (pages 13-16 for info on hooking up), as is the wiki: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Category:AX8
i connect the output 2 in a guitar amp, in the fx loop. but the volume knob doesn't do anything

i connect the output 2 in a guitar amp, in the fx loop. but the volume knob doesn't do anything
Ok, good start. The easy way forward here is to post your preset. The folks here can diagnose from there. Essentially, your preset needs to have a line broken out and directed to output 2 with whatever you want going there. Normally, there would be no cab block in that send but there are other who like the cab block even in that setup. No rules except what works for you!

Edit: Chris is showing the page for you to check. Great to learn the process!

I had the impression the OP was trying to send a signal without power amp processing to the guitar amp’s FX in while still using a fully processed pre/post amp signal to the FOH or FRFR. I maybe mistook what he was trying to achieve. He did not directly ask that. Chris’ post had a great illustration on how split the signal to out 2.

Besides the wrong jack on the AX8 it could be a broken cable aswell. Or another nice trap is an fx-loop on the amp side that needs to be activated.

ok! i finally got sound! i copied output 1 volumes in output 2 in axe edit.... but the sound is terrible. i think it's my cable. do we need special cables for that? thanks.
and definitely sorry i'm a noob...

Back
Top Bottom