Out 1 FOH / Out 2 Power amp Cab leveling volume

Keg8605

Power User
Quick question for out 1 foh and out 2 power amp cab users. A few fw's ago I started to wonder why my presets were always level when dialing them in via headphones/studio monitors yet when I'd go to practice my levels weren't quite equal through my power amp cab setup. Upon checking the VU meters I noticed that output 2 is a few db's lower than output 1. So I figured it has to do with the cab ir volume and of course different ir's have different volumes. Anyways I'm looking to see if other people notice this as well and maybe how you tackle leveling the volumes for FOH while also for your power amp cab on stage.

My process is level the vu meters for out 1 by adjusting the amp level. Then for output 2, I adjust the fxl level up so they both are reading about 0 on the VU meters. However, I still tend to notice differences more from the power amp cab volumes at rehearsal.

Why not just adjust the knobs for output 2 and output 1 on the front of the Axe.
But I don't think you can really normalize the volume between effectively from the stage--I would just rely on soundman out front to judge whether FOH is too loud or not. Not sure why you would want to equalize stage volume and PA volume anyway.

Back
Top Bottom