Otto Audio II II II II Amp Sim

ChrisWuelling

Curious if anyone has done a deep dive into this plugin? With the Axe FX, I try not to invest in too many plugins, but from watching a few videos it looks like you can sculpt a lot of aspects of your tone similar to Fractal. Does more of the "brutalz" than anything else. Thoughts?

Tone sculpting options don't always equate to great tone. I have yet to hear a plugin that sounds and responds the way the Axe III does. There are some decent ones that may work for some people and can work in a mix but I personally have no need for anything than the Axe III.

If you're debating between plugins and Fractal, only you can decide which gives you the tones you want and what you're willing to spend to get it.

Thanks for the response. I love the Axe FX, but I can also appreciate other amp sims such as the offerings by Neural DSP, for example. I was just curious if a Fractal user had tried it out and was willing to share any feedback.

I checked it out - it’s kind of hard to describe as far as it being it’s own thing vs an emulation. It probably leans more towards being it’s own thing but it’s very flexible and can get a wide range of tones.

I did a couple of comparison videos (before I owned any Fractal gear) where I included it.

It’s pretty interesting - if you like diving into various controls like impedance curves and NFB it’s worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom