other rack gear?

mgavin

Experienced
what other rack gear would compliment the axe fx besides a poweramp or power conditioner ?

i have a furman pl plus dmc power conditioner and an axefx. seems like all i need is a 3u rack..... any other rack gear that compliments or integrates well w/ the axe?

also not interested in rack tuners, axefx tuner remains my all time favorite.

Last edited:
Two possibilities for custom stuff: a 1u panel that brings all the connections to the front; a 1u panel midi controller that provides knobs to adjust parameters like Tone and Volume and switches for quick preset selection.

haha looks like i'm just gonna get a 3u shock mount case... later down the line i might invest in a fryette power amp, i have an extra rack power conditioner that's brand new and i'm wondering if i'll want to build another rack down the line..... maybe just get another 3u and put the power conditioner over the fryette... as for the midi control i'm gonna get the mfc101 eventually and don't need or want the connections up front....also don't need a drawer.... if anyones got any other rack gear suggestions i'd be interested!!! thanks guys

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882i in my rack with the Axe and a power conditioner.

i'm very happy w/ my simple setup though, axefx ultra and power conditioner in a 3u.... nice and clean

I still like my MOTU Traveler after a couple of years.

It provides MIDI I/O to the trusty iMac via firewire so I can run Axe Edit, phones out, lots of other inputs and outputs.
Plays nicely with Logic, so far. Hooks to the Axe via AEU/EBS without any unsightly sync issues. I run a dry signal from
the Axe effects loop to an analog input and it would be easy to take a monitor input and mix it with the Axe to feed an IEM
transmitter or FRFR if needed. Has a nifty little mixer utility that makes it easy to set up and save mixes.

One full rack space, fairly cheap used. I think I paid ~$400 for mine that the previous owner had upgraded.

I wouldn't mind having a drawer and a connection panel in the back if I was moving around a lot, but I'm not.

I'm also thinking about switching to a slant-top mixer style rack and mount the Axe and Traveler facing up
but I haven't done my homework yet to see if it all will fit properly into exactly what.

I use a Gibson Echoplex looper.

The Axe looper is pretty basic- doesn't do enough and even if it did I would be down 6 buttons on the MFC.
The Echoplex is a really great looper- I have no need for anything else.

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882i in my rack with the Axe and a power conditioner.
I'm assuming the BBE is to offset/balance out the weight of the power conditioner on the other side of the Axe :)

No, it's because I like and prefer what it does to the sound, both direct and through cabs.

Last edited:
Because the BBE process is not just an EQ. You can replicate the EQ aspects of it, but it does more than that. It splits the signal's frequencies with a slight delay so they can be processed and articulated in a more clear and distinct manner by the speakers. It makes the sound "clearer" for lack of a better term.

This is what my rack will consist of when my power amp and wireless finally get here:

Power Conditioner
Wireless Unit
AxeFx Ultra
Power Amp

I cant think of anything esle I would need. :geek

a 1u panel midi controller that provides knobs to adjust parameters like Tone and Volume...

This is a classic idea! Is there such a controller out there? I'd love to have a few knobs available for some of the things that aren't quickly accessible on my floor midi controller (like the amp controls mainly - TMB, drive, ect.)

Back
Top Bottom